Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Class doesn't get recognized but eclipse
Class doesn't get recognized but eclipse [message #1739975] Sat, 06 August 2016 10:42 Go to next message
Toni Toni is currently offline Toni ToniFriend
image.prntscr.com/image/4b36cab048b840689c22b779effee591.png

So the class Game doesn't want to get recognized by the program, why ? It should normally change color and not have a red line below it, instead when i mouse over it is says "The type game must implement the inherited abstract method Runnable.run()".

And then the public word has a red line below it too, it says "Syntax error insert "EnymBody" what is that ? I did exactly what I saw in a video but on the video it worked while I am stucked with these errors

Re: Class doesn't get recognized but eclipse [message #1739988 is a reply to message #1739975] Sun, 07 August 2016 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

These are more Java questions that ones specific to Eclipse.

1) If your class declaration says it *implements* an Interface type, all of the methods declared by that interface have to be available on your class, either directly or through inheritance. In this case, you literally need to have a public run() method.
2) You can't declare a method inside of another method like you're attempting to, and you certainly can't make it public.

You might want to spend some time on javaranch.com or stackoverflow.com for these kinds of questions.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Sun, 07 August 2016 06:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Class doesn't get recognized but eclipse [message #1739994 is a reply to message #1739988] Sun, 07 August 2016 09:20 Go to previous message
Toni Toni is currently offline Toni ToniFriend
Thank you, it is working now
Previous Topic:Need Help Downloading Eclipse Neon for Mac
Next Topic:Error: Unable to check Apex Class Permissions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:14:22 GMT 2024