Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Eclipse Scout Helloworld - Initialization Failed(Running the scout application on tomcat leads to an "initialization failed" message after login)
icon4.gif  Eclipse Scout Helloworld - Initialization Failed [message #1739416] Mon, 01 August 2016 07:55 Go to next message
Madan Parameswaran is currently offline Madan ParameswaranFriend
Hello,
I am new to scout. I followed the tutorial, launching the server and ui within eclipse works. However, after deploying the war files on tomcat and logging in (either with scott or admin) leads to an initialization failed error.

I have not worked with tomcat either. Is there a way to see the logs to see what could be causing this?

index.php/fa/26634/0/
Re: Eclipse Scout Helloworld - Initialization Failed [message #1739531 is a reply to message #1739416] Tue, 02 August 2016 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beat Schwarzentrub is currently offline Beat SchwarzentrubFriend
Madan Parameswaran wrote on Mon, 01 August 2016 03:55
Hello,
I am new to scout. I followed the tutorial, launching the server and ui within eclipse works. However, after deploying the war files on tomcat and logging in (either with scott or admin) leads to an initialization failed error.

I have not worked with tomcat either. Is there a way to see the logs to see what could be causing this?

index.php/fa/26634/0/

If that happens, the initial startup request to the server failed. The UI is therefore not initialized and got no texts or other information from the server, therefore it can only display this very basic error message.

To find the real cause of the problem, you have to check the server logs. The exact location of those depend on your logging configuration (the tomcat docs for details). A good point to start your search would be the "logs" directory inside the tomcat installation directory. Under a Linux environment, "/var/log/tomcat" or similar is also not uncommon.

Regards,
Beat
Re: Eclipse Scout Helloworld - Initialization Failed [message #1742535 is a reply to message #1739416] Sat, 03 September 2016 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erich Steiger is currently offline Erich SteigerFriend

If you do a simple deployment on one tomcat, you need also to change the proprty scout.server.url, which is not described in the scout getting started documentation. If you run your tomcat on port 8080 and on the same server, you might change the proprty as follows. (your.app.name is what your backend server name is which is ok by default)

scout.server.url=http://localhost:8080/your.app.name

Re: Eclipse Scout Helloworld - Initialization Failed [message #1772203 is a reply to message #1739531] Wed, 06 September 2017 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nasser abid is currently offline Nasser abidFriend
i have the same problem.
that's what i found in the log file:
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(SunCertPathBuilder.java:141)
at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(SunCertPathBuilder.java:126)
at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.java:280)
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:392)

what can i do to solve it?
Re: Eclipse Scout Helloworld - Initialization Failed [message #1772289 is a reply to message #1772203] Thu, 07 September 2017 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
What is the value of your 'scout.server.url' property? This is the URL that the UI application uses to access the backend. Is this URL valid and working?

By default the https protocol and port 8443 are used.
If your server uses a different port you might need to change that to match your Tomcat setup.
The same for the protocol: Either you setup https in your Tomcat or (if you don't need it) change it to http instead. Please note that it is strongly recommended to use https in a productive environment.

Does this help?
Re: Eclipse Scout Helloworld - Initialization Failed [message #1772566 is a reply to message #1772289] Tue, 12 September 2017 14:13 Go to previous message
Nasser abid is currently offline Nasser abidFriend
thank you for your support.
i found the problem, i didn't add my self-signed certificate to "cacerts" file of JRE that exists in the JDK folder (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144\jre\lib\security), not the JRE that exists in java folder (C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_144\lib\security)

[Updated on: Tue, 12 September 2017 14:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse Scout TableField NullpointerException on AbstractProposalColumn
Next Topic:Announcement: Eclipse Scout RT Photon will require Java 8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:04:04 GMT 2024