Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » [SOLVED] Where are the additional plugin dependencies coming from?(I have plugin dependencies that I didn't specify)
icon5.gif  [SOLVED] Where are the additional plugin dependencies coming from? [message #1739306] Fri, 29 July 2016 13:59 Go to next message
Mark Drei is currently offline Mark DreiFriend
The Plug-in Dependencies view shows dependencies (on the first level) which are not specified in the "Required Plug-in" or the "Imported Packages" section. I can't see the dependency in the Build Path either.
Where else can they come from? Even with grep I don't find the dependency.

This might be related: The strange dependency has a symbol that I do not recognize:
index.php/fa/26614/0/

Background:
I am trying to resolve a dependency cycle in a plugin hierarchy. Compilation actually works fine, and the "Look for cycles in the dependency graph" functionality does not find any cycles. But when I try to perform Build All for an Update Site I get the following error:
'Build Site' has encountered a problem.

A cycle was detected when generating the classpath ...

When unrolling the dependencies in the Plug-in Dependencies view I can see the cycle.
  • Attachment: plugin.png
    (Size: 10.40KB, Downloaded 591 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 03 August 2016 09:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where are the additional plugin dependencies coming from? [message #1739615 is a reply to message #1739306] Wed, 03 August 2016 09:35 Go to previous message
Mark Drei is currently offline Mark DreiFriend
I found it Very Happy

Meaning of the icon
The icon in the circle represents a org.eclipse.osgi.service.resolver.BundleDescription. The Javadoc says "This class represents a specific version of a bundle in the system."
The other icons are org.eclipse.osgi.service.resolver.BundleSpecification implementations. Javadoc says "A representation of one bundle import constraint as seen in a bundle manifest and managed by a state and resolver." So this one clearly points to the dependencies mentioned in the Manifest.

Origin of the other dependency (the one which is circled in the picture)
The plug-in which is circled is a Fragment, This apparently creates a dependency from the Fragment-Host to the fragment. Thus in the fragment-host I was not able to find that dependency by means of using "grep" or alike.

Solution: I changed the fragment to be a standalone plug-in. Essentially I removed the line
Fragment-Host: org.eclipse.rmf.reqif10.pror.editor;bundle-version="0.9.0"
from the fragment plug-in's MANIFEST.MF and added a new dependency ("Require-Bundle") to the former fragment-host.
Previous Topic:Xtext project build all option got disabled
Next Topic:Adding top and bottom banners
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:50:34 GMT 2024