Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Label Positioning in NEON
Label Positioning in NEON [message #1739144] Wed, 27 July 2016 17:49 Go to next message
Wayne Carl is currently offline Wayne CarlFriend
How can I turn off the automatic positioning of labels (such as on Association Ends). The automatically chosen positions are not to my liking.
Re: Label Positioning in NEON [message #1739247 is a reply to message #1739144] Thu, 28 July 2016 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sébastien Gérard is currently offline Sébastien GérardFriend
DO you want to change the initial position calculated for the label when the associaton is created?
Re: Label Positioning in NEON [message #1739683 is a reply to message #1739247] Wed, 03 August 2016 19:17 Go to previous message
Wayne Carl is currently offline Wayne CarlFriend
No I just want to be able to move it with the mouse to an aesthetically pleasing position. When I try this the system moves it where I drag it and then when I let go of the mouse button the system moves it somewhere else. I have tried turning off snap to grid and snap to object but the behavior remains the same. It is not obvious to me how the system chooses where to put the label, it is generally not near the association.

Example: I created a new bdd. On this bdd I added two blocks (Block1 & Block2), one above the other. To this bdd I added a directed association from Block1 to Block2. Now if I try to position the label "+ block2_1" so that its lower left corner is neat the arrowhead (Open End) Papyrus moves it to the right. If I try to put the left side of the label next to the line of the association Papyrus moves the label to the right again. If I try to put the right edge of the label near the line of the association Papyrus centers the label on the line.

This is very annoying, and on a complicated diagram things get confusing quickly.
Previous Topic:OCL List Comprehensions
Next Topic:DataType?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 12:25:10 GMT 2024