Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » How Does Acceleo Know to Regenerate EMTL files?(How Does Acceleo Know to Regenerate EMTL files?)
How Does Acceleo Know to Regenerate EMTL files? [message #1738800] Sun, 24 July 2016 20:04 Go to next message
Shimon Zadok is currently offline Shimon ZadokFriend
Why EMTL Files don't regenerate everytime I make a change to MTL files?

It used to work perfectly.

I have made changes to my system that might have triggered this, but doesn't seem that relvant.
* Change to SSD
* Installation of an upgrade to eclipse.

Why do I think these are not relevant?
* Change to SSD:
Usually update to byte code compiled files are re-compiled on source file change (might be evaluated with modification times), but my file system updates the MTL files modification times.
* I installed PyDev which might have triggered some upgrades of software.
Right after this issue started, I created a standalone acceleo compiler with ANT and the following sequence of compilation of the:
* Generate.java
* AcceleoStandaloneCompiler.java
* Generating EMTLs from MTLs
* Generating Sources from UML and EMTLs
and the problem kept for the Acceleo 3.6.3 and 3.6.4 versions (which I pulled from existing Eclipse mars and neon).

So my question is, How Does Acceleo Know to Regenerate EMTL files?
What can I do to re-generate the cached EMTLs WITHOUT DELETING THEM!?
Re: How Does Acceleo Know to Regenerate EMTL files? [message #1738813 is a reply to message #1738800] Mon, 25 July 2016 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

Please describe the exact issue you're having and the steps you're doing to reproduce it. As it seems to relate to the build, please also ensure you have the automatic build activated (in the "Project" menu entry of your eclipse, ensure that "Build automatically" is ticked).

Laurent Goube
Obeo
Re: How Does Acceleo Know to Regenerate EMTL files? [message #1738912 is a reply to message #1738813] Tue, 26 July 2016 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The "Build Automatically" fixed it.

It overwrote some of my changes of 'Generate.java' but not completely replaced it.
I got a good revision and replaced it.

Now, every change to the MTL files reflect on the generated output.

I am not sure how this 'Build Automatically' was turned off.
It can be related to PyDev plugin I installed for eclipse.

Thank you.
Re: How Does Acceleo Know to Regenerate EMTL files? [message #1739173 is a reply to message #1738912] Thu, 28 July 2016 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only thing I am missing here is this re-generation of MTL to EMTL of only changed files using the standalone compiler.

If there is a way to do this already, where can I read about it?
Re: How Does Acceleo Know to Regenerate EMTL files? [message #1739264 is a reply to message #1739173] Fri, 29 July 2016 07:28 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

There is no incremental compiler in standalone, you'll have to compile the whole project when using it. If your question was that you do not know yet how to use the standalone compiler, you might want to look at the maven builder.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:for loop Sequence type mismatch
Next Topic:Different behaviors in Eclipse and in Maven
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:38:06 GMT 2024