Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Using local web content for Help System
Using local web content for Help System [message #1738663] Fri, 22 July 2016 00:23 Go to next message
Jim Klo is currently offline Jim KloFriend
We currently have extensive documentation and manuals that are currently authored and compiled using python's Sphinx Doc system which generates all our manuals, tutorials, and such as PDF's, HTML, etc.

I'm interesting in trying to figure out if there's a way to link all the (?) buttons within our RCP application to web URL's that can just open either in the embedded browser or external browser?

Effectively I'm just looking for a way to capture the HelpEvent that's generated for each of the buttons clicks. I've tried pouring through the Help documentation, and there isn't much help in trying to do what I'd like (it's all geared towards using the embedded help system).

I would hope I could just create some kind of Help Provider, but can seem to figure out how I might do this. Thoughts, pointers, example?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Using local web content for Help System [message #1738729 is a reply to message #1738663] Fri, 22 July 2016 16:31 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
The Eclipse Help system is in the org.eclipse.help.ui bundle and is hooked up via the org.eclipse.ui.helpSupport extension point.

Brian.
Previous Topic:How to override behaviour of "delete" in popup menu of project explorer?
Next Topic:RCP exception Could not resolve module
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 19:34:35 GMT 2024