Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Neon hangs: Initializing Java Tooling(Eclipse consistently hangs opening work space on initializing java tooling)
Eclipse Neon hangs: Initializing Java Tooling [message #1737473] Fri, 08 July 2016 13:59 Go to next message
Nicholas Dovidio is currently offline Nicholas DovidioFriend
Hello,

I had previously been using Eclipse Mars and recently moved to the latest version of Neon. When I try opening my workspace in Neon it consistently hangs on "Initializing Java Tooling" and under that it says "Resetting source attachment properties." The progress tab also has "InitRemoteEditJob (waiting).

I've tried a number of configurations for my eclipse.ini. My current setup is attached along with a thread dump from Java Visual VM.

Any assistance or suggestions would be welcome. I've tried restarting eclipse multiple times and left it hung overnight, thinking that maybe it was just taking awhile. I also tried removing the .projects directory in .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources as suggested in another post on the forums.

Thank you,
Nick

• Attachment: eclipse.ini
    (Size: 0.82KB, Downloaded 221 times)
  • Attachment: ThreadDump.txt
    (Size: 38.23KB, Downloaded 188 times)
Re: Eclipse Neon hangs: Initializing Java Tooling [message #1737571 is a reply to message #1737473] Sun, 10 July 2016 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Davide Vecchi is currently offline Davide VecchiFriend
Does it do that also if instead of opening your workspace you create a new one ?

In your Eclipse installation folder where eclipse.exe is, is there some recent file containing the diagnostic info of a JVM crash ? I forgot what those files look like but I seem to remember that their extension is ".pid" or similar.

In the ".metadata" subfolder of your workspace folder does the ".log" file show some exception at the time of the hanging ?
Re: Eclipse Neon hangs: Initializing Java Tooling [message #1737650 is a reply to message #1737571] Mon, 11 July 2016 14:56 Go to previous message
Nicholas Dovidio is currently offline Nicholas DovidioFriend
Root cause is that one of the network filers, where the java docs were hosted and a number of jars, was having problems. As soon as that was resolved the workspace functioned correctly.
Previous Topic:Eclipse not showing my past projects
Next Topic:Neon not working ...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:03:44 GMT 2024