Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Extension of the DiscoveryResult
Extension of the DiscoveryResult [message #1736586] Thu, 30 June 2016 13:16 Go to next message
Andre Fuechsel is currently offline Andre FuechselFriend

I would like to extend the discovery result with an optional field describing the modelId of the discovered thing.

For example if we discover things of thing type "hue:0210" (extended color light), we may find several things. To distinguish between the actual models (LCT001, LCT007, ...) of extended color lights a model id in the discovery result would be helpful. I would not use the result's properties, as they are specifying instance-related properties, e.g. the light id of the discovered light.

Any opinions about this?
Re: Extension of the DiscoveryResult [message #1736649 is a reply to message #1736586] Thu, 30 June 2016 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Isn't this contradicting https://www.eclipse.org/smarthome/documentation/development/bindings/thing-definition.html#properties:

"It is recommended that at least the vendor and the model id properties are specified here"?

What is wrong about that?
Re: Extension of the DiscoveryResult [message #1736674 is a reply to message #1736649] Fri, 01 July 2016 06:35 Go to previous message
Andre Fuechsel is currently offline Andre FuechselFriend

Nothing's wrong about that. I just had the feeling, that a modelId is somewhat more important than just an (optional) property. But since it's optional anyway, it could well stay a property. I agree, no need to change it.
Previous Topic:Usage of Thread Pools
Next Topic:Problem with Discovery Service
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 08:11:56 GMT 2024