Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Product export error when using shared license for a feature
Product export error when using shared license for a feature [message #1736493] Wed, 29 June 2016 18:21
John Dallaway is currently offline John DallawayFriend
I am observing the following error when running the Product Export wizard in the latest Neon SDK:

C:\Users\jld\workspace-neon\test-feature\build.xml:109: Property licenseURL in C:\Users\jld\workspace-neon\test-feature\..\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\.bundle_pool\features\org.eclipse.license_1.0.1.v20140414-1359\feature.properties conflicts with property in C:\Users\jld\workspace-neon\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\assemblyLocation\tmp\myproduct\features\test_0.0.0.201606291108\feature.properties

The error is triggered by a feature named "test" within the product that uses the "shared license" option provided in the feature editor to point to the license file in the org.eclipse.license feature.

It appears that the product export wizard is generating a feature.properties file for the "test" feature during export if it does not already exist. I have experimented with copying features.properties from org.eclipse.license_1.0.1.v20140414-1359\feature.properties into the test feature but this does not help.

If I switch to a "local license" for this feature, the product export wizard succeeds.

Does anyone have an explanation and/or workaround for this issue?
Previous Topic:Add a menucontribuion to Toolbar dynamically
Next Topic:Proper way to configure plugin project to know about generated source?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:03:33 GMT 2024