Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » P2 loses user installed plugins after installing plugins as admin
P2 loses user installed plugins after installing plugins as admin [message #1734833] Mon, 13 June 2016 11:39
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi,

I am running an eclipse installation which installs my additional plugins in a c:\users\xxx\.eclipse\eclipse.4.4.2.version directory.

When I then run the p2 director as admin to install some other plugins, the previously user installed plugins are somehow "removed".

When I restart, P2 pops up the migration wizard telling me that my eclipse has been updated. I can then reinstall my user plugins but it is quite a nuisance.

I was expecting that the install as admin would not affect my user installed plugins.

What could cause this behavior? Is it because i installed something as administrator that reverts that user installation somehow?

Edit: I am running a Rational product in 4.4.2 that appears to have a "shared" component. My admin plugins as installed in a different directory then the user plugins.

Cheers,

Wim

E

[Updated on: Mon, 13 June 2016 11:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Huge variety of ClassNotFoundExceptions trying to load P2 repositories
Next Topic:Where did the ServiceReference and Activator class go?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:10:47 GMT 2024