Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Andmore » please update adt(asking for an update to a plugin I no longer use)
please update adt [message #1734574] Thu, 09 June 2016 13:27 Go to next message
Harry Krak is currently offline Harry KrakFriend
Eclipse, xml editor, graphical layout.

I keep getting the error
This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in

As you may have guessed, since this is in the Andmore branch, I no longer use adt. Currently I am just using an earlier version of the android plugin.

Is there anyway of making the graphical editor to use the latest version of android?
Re: please update adt [message #1736436 is a reply to message #1734574] Wed, 29 June 2016 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harry Krak is currently offline Harry KrakFriend
Turns out the andmore plugin does not do anything.
Eclipse is still using ADT.
When I go into the plugins folder and remove the ADT files, eclipse no longer handles android.
Re: please update adt [message #1737287 is a reply to message #1736436] Wed, 06 July 2016 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Andmore is a project in development. I'm glad to see a community looking to see it's progress.

I didn't know until reading this newly created forum that it wasn't currently working for anyone. I spent about a month trying to make it work.

I have two separate Eclipse installs. One for Andmore and one for the Google ADT (which is currently abandoned as far as I know).

I thought I was doing something wrong before reading the feedback in this forum.

I'm patient for the developers to get the bugs out. I'll test and give feedback on every release and post to this forum when I find a working solution. That's about all we can do for now. I'm sure , having feedback with every upgrade will be appreciated by the developers in this process.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
www.apollo3.com/~ljames
Re: please update adt [message #1737830 is a reply to message #1737287] Wed, 13 July 2016 11:00 Go to previous message
john wall is currently offline john wallFriend
I have to right click on the XML code layout and then select Open With Layout Editor. It will show me the Graphical Layout Editor for my Application and now I am able to see the graphical view on the XML layout files.

Previous Topic:neon (not working)
Next Topic:can't rename activity name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:36:23 GMT 2024