Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » AST-based algorithm for Egit
AST-based algorithm for Egit [message #1734456] Wed, 08 June 2016 13:31 Go to next message
Liubov Sidorova is currently offline Liubov SidorovaFriend
Hi!

I am a Java developer. My team lead told me to create an Eclipse plug-in for Git branches merging. We are talking about source code conflicts first of all. One of the main requirements for my task is to perform source code comparison with AST-based algorithm.

I know that Egit is a very mature plug-in for Git branches merge. I think that I could incorporate my algorithm into Egit. However, I am not very confident what to start with. Could you please give me a piece of advice? Are there any concrete classes in Egit/Jgit that I need to override to implement my algorithm?
Re: AST-based algorithm for Egit [message #1734614 is a reply to message #1734456] Thu, 09 June 2016 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
You could consider to implement a custom merge strategy implementing the mergeStrategy extension point
which was introduced in
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/49800/
This was used by EMF Compare to implement an EMF model based merge strategy.
Re: AST-based algorithm for Egit [message #1734774 is a reply to message #1734614] Sat, 11 June 2016 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Liubov Sidorova is currently offline Liubov SidorovaFriend
Thank you for your recommendation!

Could I change diff algorithm to the custom one AST-based via this extension point or somehow else?
Re: AST-based algorithm for Egit [message #1734979 is a reply to message #1734774] Tue, 14 June 2016 11:17 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
You can use the mergeStrategy extension point to implement a new merge strategy (externally) and use it in EGit.
Not sure if this is what you want.
Previous Topic: Bundle Exception - Error when launching Eclipse Application
Next Topic:JGit clone as root loses the executable bit of shell script file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:27:22 GMT 2024