Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » TemplateProposal does not get inserted any more(TemplateProposal does not get inserted any more)
TemplateProposal does not get inserted any more [message #1733535] Sun, 29 May 2016 22:05 Go to next message
Olaf Bigalk is currently offline Olaf BigalkFriend
I have DSL and use TemplateProposals to edit my DSL file. Now I changed the syntax of the DSL and afterward one TemplateProposal does not get inserted any more.

I cleaned the project and regenerated the xtext dependend classes by executing the corresponding workflow.

Which method I have to debug, to inspect why the template does not get inserted any more ?

Or are there other reasons I can check before debugging ?
Re: TemplateProposal does not get inserted any more [message #1733540 is a reply to message #1733535] Mon, 30 May 2016 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
you mean by "inserted" that it i proposed and when you select it nothing happens?
or is it not proposed at all?

if you change the grammar the context ids inside the templates may have changed.

you may use

org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.templates.DefaultTemplateProposalProvider.createTemplates(TemplateContext, ContentAssistContext, ITemplateAcceptor)

as starting point to debug.

or

TemplateProposal.apply

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: TemplateProposal does not get inserted any more [message #1733624 is a reply to message #1733540] Mon, 30 May 2016 13:43 Go to previous message
Olaf Bigalk is currently offline Olaf BigalkFriend
Christian Dietrich wrote on Sun, 29 May 2016 23:43
you mean by "inserted" that it i proposed and when you select it nothing happens?
or is it not proposed at all?

Yes it is proposed but not inserted

Christian Dietrich wrote on Sun, 29 May 2016 23:43

you may use

org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.templates.DefaultTemplateProposalProvider.createTemplates(TemplateContext, ContentAssistContext, ITemplateAcceptor)

as starting point to debug.

or

TemplateProposal.apply

Thank you for the hint, I found the mistake. It was an wrong coded "ß" in a template variable.
Previous Topic:Design considerations supporting Heredoc with Xtext/antlr lexer
Next Topic:Xtext Intellij Quick FIx
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:28:16 GMT 2024