Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Gemini doesn't read parent classes from another bundles(Gemini doesn't read parent classes from another bundles)
icon3.gif  Gemini doesn't read parent classes from another bundles [message #1732417] Tue, 17 May 2016 07:01 Go to next message
Pavel No is currently offline Pavel NoFriend
I have three bundles. In first bundle I have persistence.xml. And I have two classes : A and B. A extends B. Class A is @Entity, Class B is @MappedSuperclass.Both classes are listed in persistence.xml. Packages of the 2'dn and 3'rd bundles are exported.

If class A and class B are in the same bundle - everything ok. However, when class A in the second bundle and class B is the the third bundle I get:

WARNING: EMFProxy invocation on method createEntityManager failed:  Exception: Exception [EclipseLink-30005] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.6.3.v20160428-59c81c5): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException
Exception Description: An exception was thrown while searching for persistence archives with ClassLoader: org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.classloader.CompositeClassLoader@20c0a64d
Internal Exception: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28018] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.6.3.v20160428-59c81c5): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
Exception Description: Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [myPersistenceUnit] failed.
Internal Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.weaving.TransformerFactory.createClassDetails(TransformerFactory.java:270)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.weaving.TransformerFactory.addClassDetailsForMappedSuperClasses(TransformerFactory.java:124)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.weaving.TransformerFactory.buildClassDetailsAndModifyProject(TransformerFactory.java:180)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.weaving.TransformerFactory.createTransformerAndModifyProject(TransformerFactory.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.predeploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:1972)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.JPAInitializer.callPredeploy(JPAInitializer.java:100)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createEntityManagerFactoryImpl(PersistenceProvider.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceProvider.java:188)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.ProviderWrapper.createEntityManagerFactory(ProviderWrapper.java:128)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.proxy.EMFServiceProxyHandler.createEMF(EMFServiceProxyHandler.java:151)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.proxy.EMFServiceProxyHandler.syncGetEMFAndSetIfAbsent(EMFServiceProxyHandler.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.proxy.EMFServiceProxyHandler.invoke(EMFServiceProxyHandler.java:73)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy8.createEntityManager(Unknown Source)

When I set in persistence.xml

<property name="eclipselink.weaving" value="false"/>

I don't get any exceptions, but all fields from class B are ignored. How to solve this problem?

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2016 07:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Gemini doesn't read parent classes from another bundles [message #1732495 is a reply to message #1732417] Tue, 17 May 2016 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I solved the problem. The problem was in the first bundle. It didn't import packages from bundle with class B as its code didn't know anything about class B. So I had to add in manifest file of the first bundle osgi directive import package - class B package. The problem in EclipseLink is that it didn't throw any exceptions about class not found or something like this even with logging level All.
Re: Gemini doesn't read parent classes from another bundles [message #1732498 is a reply to message #1732417] Tue, 17 May 2016 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
Pavel,

See the Limitations link here: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Gemini/JPA/Documentation/Limitations

Basically the OSGi spec to support JPA states that all persistent entities must be in the same bundle. (I didn't make that rule!)

-Mike
Re: Gemini doesn't read parent classes from another bundles [message #1732499 is a reply to message #1732498] Tue, 17 May 2016 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mike

Thank you for your comment. I've read the limitations. However, my code works! What should I do now? Maybe this limitation doesn't consider @MappedSuperclass?
Re: Gemini doesn't read parent classes from another bundles [message #1732504 is a reply to message #1732499] Tue, 17 May 2016 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
The limitation is one that was imposed as we got JPA standardized in OSGi. It was mostly artificial and I did not throw up any barriers to the provider supporting it, but I also did not jump through any hoops to try to get it working either. If you have a situation that works and EclipseLink 2.6.3 supports it then you should be fine. Stick with it Smile

-Mike
Re: Gemini doesn't read parent classes from another bundles [message #1732533 is a reply to message #1732504] Wed, 18 May 2016 02:50 Go to previous message
Thank you for your answer. I totally agree with you that this limitation is artificial and I find it rather strange according to osgi modularity principles. So thank you, that didn't implement this limitation and please, don't implement it in future Smile
Previous Topic:Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support
Next Topic:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException while stopping my bundle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 06:38:33 GMT 2024