Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Export Palette to file(How to export customized palette into file with extension *.paletteconfiguration)
Export Palette to file [message #1732372] Mon, 16 May 2016 15:56 Go to next message
Micha322 Mielko is currently offline Micha322 MielkoFriend
Hi Guys,
According to tutorial "Papyrus Palette Customization UI" it should be an option to export palette or to create own palette from File->New->Example EMF Model CreationWizard ->Palette Configuration Model.

I use newest eclipse Mars with modeling tools and installed all papyrus extensions but both options are not accessible. Could you help me what should i install to create custom palette or export it to file?

Re: Export Palette to file [message #1732780 is a reply to message #1732372] Fri, 20 May 2016 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elio Keddisseh is currently offline Elio KeddissehFriend
Hey there,

I'm having the same problem, the export button does not show up as in the video.

Using Eclipse Mars 3.2 and lately updated papyrus from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4, and still not showing up!!!!

"Wherever smart people work, Doors are unlocked" - S.W
Re: Export Palette to file [message #1733566 is a reply to message #1732780] Mon, 30 May 2016 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elio Keddisseh is currently offline Elio KeddissehFriend
Hello again,

I tried several ways to find a solution and ended up finding the xml file corresponding to the customized palette.

In your workspace //.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.common you see all the customized palettes you have and copy the one you need to import.

To import you need to open eclipse to the new workspace and customize a palette (just that the folder can be created and the palette initialized with the right ID).
Now go copy the initial customized palette to the new workspace and rename it as the name of the new created palette (Delete the new created one, we just need its name)

Restart eclipse to the new workspace and voila Smile

"Wherever smart people work, Doors are unlocked" - S.W
Re: Export Palette to file [message #1733927 is a reply to message #1733566] Thu, 02 June 2016 09:37 Go to previous message
Micha322 Mielko is currently offline Micha322 MielkoFriend
Thanks Elio it works very well.
Previous Topic:Checking validity of model?
Next Topic:Problem cloning git repo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 07:29:06 GMT 2024