Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Convert WindowBuilder to Tycho
icon4.gif  Convert WindowBuilder to Tycho [message #1729864] Tue, 19 April 2016 16:28 Go to next message
Mark Russell is currently offline Mark RussellFriend
The WindowBuilder team is looking for a person/team to convert the build of WindowBuilder to Tycho and own the release process. I am the current release engineer and my job responsibilities no longer allow me the time to do the release engineering work for WindowBuilder. Please reply to this post if you or your team is interested in this.

If no one is interested in taking on this task then WindowBuilder will have to drop out of the release train for Eclipse. Sad

Mark Russell
Software Engineer in Test
Google, Inc
Re: Convert WindowBuilder to Tycho [message #1729886 is a reply to message #1729864] Wed, 20 April 2016 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
We are also looking for committers in general.
Re: Convert WindowBuilder to Tycho [message #1730157 is a reply to message #1729886] Thu, 21 April 2016 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Mising name is currently offline Daniel Mising nameFriend
i just stumbled upon your announcement while searching for some tycho related stuff. i am just a john doe (and also a tycho novice), but i really hope that someone already got in contact with you! i'd suppose that having eclipse without an up to date decent gui-builder would not be something positive.

please excuse my uninformed question, but would dropping out of release train mean that "one would just have to install it via update site, like in the early days some years ago" (but still getting an up to date version of wb fit for the at that time current eclipse release) or would it mean that i'd have to use mars when i want to use/install windowbuilder as there would be no version developed compatible with neon / oxygen?
Re: Convert WindowBuilder to Tycho [message #1730745 is a reply to message #1729864] Thu, 28 April 2016 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

My team (vogella GmbH) could help with the Tycho build for the Java bits. IIRC you also have native parts where we do not have experience with. Would you be available to help with the native bits, if we can handle the Java parts?
Re: Convert WindowBuilder to Tycho [message #1732090 is a reply to message #1730745] Thu, 12 May 2016 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Lars - I nominated you as a committer on the WB project so that you can help out. Thanks! -Eric
Re: Convert WindowBuilder to Tycho [message #1736850 is a reply to message #1729886] Sun, 03 July 2016 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Garratt is currently offline David GarrattFriend
I've been programming in Java for more years than I can remember and my open source project http://www.commander4j.com was developed using Eclipse and Windobuilder on a Mac.

I had assumed that there were a great many people developing and supporting WindowBuilder but it seems like resources are a little thin on the ground at the moment.

Although I've never actuall worked on Eclipse Plugins before if there is anything I can do to help I am willing to try.
Re: Convert WindowBuilder to Tycho [message #1739372 is a reply to message #1729864] Sun, 31 July 2016 05:27 Go to previous message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
IF WindowBuilder accept yearly support... will that help ?
I believe a lot of company still depend on WindowBuilder. I'm one of it...

What do you guys think ? IF support maintenance will kick start. I will advice my company subscribe the yearly maintenance for sure.

I love Eric's ( Instantiations ) team very much. They are very fast in respond. Good old days..

Thanks. we really depend on WindowBuilder extreme much
Ivan
Previous Topic:Is there some WB 1.9.0 / Neon (4.6) integration developer preview
Next Topic:Example on how to open up a custom setting window from one of the control property
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:40:06 GMT 2024