Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » fix product export for macos in maven build
fix product export for macos in maven build [message #1729630] Sat, 16 April 2016 10:49
Eclipse UserFriend
On the CI, my project builds using maven, using a Docker build image.
My build is most probably affected by this bug:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=468131

Summary: there is an error in PDE, hence headless build fails unless delta pack is installed.

Because of it, exporting the product for macos platform fails, and breaks the build.
Interestingly the same maven build runs okay if I run it on my own machine outside of the container, or when my home is mounted into the container. If I export the product in eclipse UI, it does not ask for platforms, so I guess I don't have the delta pack installed in it.

As far I can tell I have the following options. All of them would be okay for me, but unfortunately I could not figure how to do any of them. How?

- install the delta pack.
All the installation instructions I have found are for interactive use of the eclipse UI.
As the docker image is also generated automatically, I cannot use them.

- disable product generation for macos
I have no clue on how to do it. I was looking for the string "macos" throughout the project, but nothing seems relevant. I have two subprojects (launcher and fullscreen editor) which are specifically for macos platform, but that's all. Interestingly there is no attempt to build the project for solaris.
Previous Topic:How to search on project names?
Next Topic:help me!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:50:02 GMT 2024