Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » E_DELAY(Working with E_DELAY)
E_DELAY [message #1729400] Wed, 13 April 2016 19:46 Go to next message
yuvaraj velumani is currently offline yuvaraj velumaniFriend
I am trying to understand certain standard function blocks by writing few test application. While using a E_DELAY, I assume its purpose it to trigger an event with an Delay Time which was provided to it.

But I found, it was working only once and I need to give Stop before Start for the next consecutive time. On a very basic stand point I understand E_DELAY should be working with Stop, i.e whenever I required a delayed event, I can use E_DELAY function block.

Why is the 'Stop' really needed here???
Re: E_DELAY [message #1729460 is a reply to message #1729400] Thu, 14 April 2016 10:05 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

E_DELAY does not require the STOP to be restarted. I know several applications that make use of this feature and also did a quick test now. You only need the stop when you decide that you don't want to receive the delayed output event during the delay time. After the EO has been sent you can restart the delay at any time. What is not working is to retrigger the E_CYCLE during the delay time. If you need this we provide in 4DIAC the E_RDELAY which is a resetable event delay FB.

Alois
Previous Topic:Running and Debugging single BFB
Next Topic:Problems running FORTE in raspberry pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:11:45 GMT 2024