Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Model Execution with Moka > "Hello World"(A simple example is not working...)
Model Execution with Moka > "Hello World" [message #1728452] Mon, 04 April 2016 12:48 Go to next message
Bruno Costa is currently offline Bruno CostaFriend
Hi all,

After I configurated and executed successfully the MOKA example provided in https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/UserGuide/ModelExecution, I'm trying to build a simple MOKA Hello World example by myself. The example I'm creating has only one class (Hello), with activity "Hello Message" (Figure 1 a and b).

However, when I debug it, nothing happens (Figure 1 c)! I've already generated the Factory, by clicking on the Hello class > Moka > Modeling Units > Generate Factory. Furthermore, I've created a new Debug Configuration with the UML file I've generated and set the Hello_Factory (automatically generated before) as the "Element to be executed". Finally, the I've checked the option "Animate" in the "Animation Configuration" view.

Do you guys know what is the problem? How can I execute such simple model?

The example I'm working on is available for download here (Eclipse Mars.2 Release (4.5.2), Papyrus UML version 1.1.4.201602101200, Moka version 1.1.4.201602101324): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9enb0o8606m4dzr/AADhGKD-_Oao9YHBbaXGeL4oa?dl=0
  • Attachment: Figure1.png
    (Size: 31.18KB, Downloaded 193 times)
Re: Model Execution with Moka > "Hello World" [message #1731907 is a reply to message #1728452] Tue, 10 May 2016 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J. Langley is currently offline J. LangleyFriend
Hello Bruno,

I had the same issue last week and finally figured out what my issue is. I had generated the Factory before creating and setting the class activity. I was able to figure out what was wrong after comparing the factory activity that I had generated with the one in the MOKA example. I was missing the "start classifier behavior" action. After deleting the factory and generating it again, I was able to get my activity diagram to be called.

I did run into other issues such as using the correct type on output pins (etc.) after I was able to get things to a point where the model would execute.

I thought about creating a bug or feature request to notify the user if a factory is generated for a class with no defined activity.

Thoughts?
Re: Model Execution with Moka > "Hello World" [message #1804239 is a reply to message #1728452] Thu, 21 March 2019 05:18 Go to previous message
Jason P is currently offline Jason PFriend
Hello Bruno,
I had the same problem as you, and after generating the Factory, I still missing the "start classifier behavior" action, i dont know how you deal with this problem. Can you tell me about it?

PS.I tried generated the Factory AFTER creating all the class activities.

index.php/fa/35099/0/

Do you know what's wrong with my problem?Thank you !
Previous Topic:Primitive Types are not generated
Next Topic:C++ reverse code how to
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 21:25:54 GMT 2024