Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Error with "platform:/plugin" scheme URI usage(Error with "platform:/plugin" scheme URI usage in Mars.1 (4.5.1))
Error with "platform:/plugin" scheme URI usage [message #1725904] Tue, 08 March 2016 12:34 Go to next message
Vivek Veera is currently offline Vivek VeeraFriend
Hi All,

I am using Mars.1 Release (4.5.1) and facing issue with "platform" scheme URI usage. I have all my resources (images) in a separate resource plug-in/bundle and I am using those resources in all other plug-ins using "icon" attribute of the extension point. I am not able to access the image and get a red square instead. It was working fine when I was using Eclipse Kepler and after moving to Mars.1, I face this issue.

Another observation is that when I place the resource (image) under the same plugin and directly provide the resource name like "icon=button.png" then it works fine. Problem is with accessing resources from other plugins. I am facing this issue with "icon" attribute in Views (org.eclipse.ui.views extension) also.

Any help in solving this issue is very much appreciated. Here is description of my issue:

My resource plugin identifier (Bundle-SymbolicName) is: com.prd.myapp.resource
My image is placed under the folder: com/prd/myapp/resource/image
My image is: button.png

I am accessing this resource from another plugin using extension "icon" attribute as below:

<extension
point="org.eclipse.ui.editors">
<editor
class="com.prd...EditorClass"
default="true"
extensions="myprd"
icon="platform:/plugin/com.prd.myapp.resource/com/prd/myapp/resource/image/button.png"
id="com.prd.."
name="mylabel">
</editor>
</extension>

Thank you.
- Vivek veera
Re: Error with "platform:/plugin" scheme URI usage [message #1726383 is a reply to message #1725904] Sat, 12 March 2016 05:20 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
I reference images in other bundles all the time, but I don't place them alongside .class files but in a separate icons/ directory.

It sounds like your image isn't actually being copied into the .jar. You can confirm it's found there?

Anything in your .log file?
Previous Topic:Apache POI 3.13 and javax.xml.stream
Next Topic:extension textSearchQueryProvider cann't work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:37:52 GMT 2024