Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [Edapt] Modifying an existing operation
[Edapt] Modifying an existing operation [message #1725766] Mon, 07 March 2016 13:45 Go to next message
Vlad Acretoaie is currently offline Vlad AcretoaieFriend
Hi,

I am currently becoming familiar with Edapt, and am facing some issues that I think may affect my productivity when writing larger migrations.

The most important of these is the fact that operations cannot be edited once they have been created. Thus, if I make a mistake when creating an operation, it seems that the only option is to delete the operation and create a new one. However, sometimes this is not possible because the effect of the deleted operation is not "undone" in the model, so adding a new operation often breaks my model's conformance to its metamodel. Am I doing something wrong here? Is it in fact possible to edit existing operations?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Vlad
Re: [Edapt] Modifying an existing operation [message #1725781 is a reply to message #1725766] Mon, 07 March 2016 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Faltermeier is currently offline Johannes FaltermeierFriend

Hi,

there is no option to edit existing operations. However there is a better option than simply deleting the operation. When you right click the operation you can select "Edapt -> Undo Changes" in the context menu. This will remove it from the history and will make sure that the model is fine as well.

Cheers,
Johannes

Johannes Faltermeier

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: [Edapt] Modifying an existing operation [message #1725783 is a reply to message #1725781] Mon, 07 March 2016 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Johannes,

Thank you for the quick reply. This should indeed help.

Also on the topic of productivity: I would like to programmatically invoke the migration specification from an existing application (an Eclipse plugin). I can kind of figure out how to do this based on the library example, but having a JavaDoc for the API calls would help a lot. Is such a public API available? (I can't seem to find it myself).

Cheers,
Vlad
Re: [Edapt] Modifying an existing operation [message #1726097 is a reply to message #1725783] Wed, 09 March 2016 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Faltermeier is currently offline Johannes FaltermeierFriend

That's something I wanted to set up for a while now and finally came around to do so. The ApiDocs for the 1.1.1 release is available from here:
http://download.eclipse.org/edapt/releases/11x/111/apidocs/

Cheers

Johannes Faltermeier

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: [Edapt] Modifying an existing operation [message #1726101 is a reply to message #1726097] Wed, 09 March 2016 15:26 Go to previous message
Hi Johannes,

This is very helpful. Thank you very much for taking the time to do it.

Cheers,
Vlad
Previous Topic:[EMF Forms] nested attributes in table control
Next Topic:[EMF Forms] Collapsible group in e4 application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:27:58 GMT 2024