Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » Filterrow does not reveal full cell on edit
Filterrow does not reveal full cell on edit [message #1725299] Wed, 02 March 2016 10:48 Go to next message
Alexander Becher is currently offline Alexander BecherFriend
Hi alle,

I've got a problem with the filter row. Unlike in body cells the filter row does not reveal the complete cell if the user activates the cell editor.
Is it possible to achieve the same behavior as the cells in the body region have? That means if the cell is partly visible and the user edits the cell, the complete editor should be visible and therefore the complete cell should be visible.

I guess that's because the filterrow is not connected with the SelectionLayer as mentioned in this post https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/620975/
I've tried to come up with a solution using org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.viewport.ViewportLayer.moveColumnPositionIntoViewport(int scrollableColumnPosition) but it's not working correctly.

Best regards
Re: Filterrow does not reveal full cell on edit [message #1725310 is a reply to message #1725299] Wed, 02 March 2016 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
First, this is the wrong forum. NatTable has its own forum: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/240/

Second, if you post about NatTable in the Nebula forum, it would be nice if you mention that anywhere. I needed to read the whole post to understand about which control you are talking.

Third, what is not working with the ViewportLayer? On the one hand you are right that what you expect is not working because there is no SelectionLayer in the column header stack. Therefore the move is not performed as it is triggered via selection, not via editor opening. But on the other hand the same action is performed. Probably you missed the index-position transformation in your code and use the position of the grid, not the translated body column position.
Re: Filterrow does not reveal full cell on edit [message #1725426 is a reply to message #1725310] Thu, 03 March 2016 12:35 Go to previous message
Alexander Becher is currently offline Alexander BecherFriend
Oh well my fault Embarrassed
I tried to add a custom EditCellCommandHandler that does call ViewPortLayer.moveColumnPositionIntoViewport(cell.getColumnPosition()); just before the EditController gets used.
The column is not scrolled at all.
If I only call the moveColumnPositionIntoViewport and not the EditController afterwards, the column is scrolled into viewport.
But you're right, the position seems to be wrong as the viewport scrolls two columns instead of one.
Previous Topic:eclipse nebula project installation error
Next Topic:repository location
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:35:19 GMT 2024