Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Trouble opening eclipse, opening a previous project
Trouble opening eclipse, opening a previous project [message #1722992] Wed, 10 February 2016 16:47 Go to next message
john smith is currently offline john smithFriend
I had a project in eclipse titled printingvariables, I closed out of it and when i went to find it later after a while of looking for my work space (not that good with computers) eventually I found the folder for the project and hit open instead of opening the code I had saved it opened a page with two columns with one saying node and one saying content. After an hour of unsuccessfully trying to fix it my computer ran out of battery. When I turned it back on it wouldn't let me open it from my desktop icon and it says "the eclipse executable launcher was not able to locate shared library" (it also gave me a security warning) I went to my files where eclipse is and opened it from there. It worked however it opened a command prompt that if I try to close it closes out eclipse itself. The prompt says "The org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration bundle was activated before the state location was initialized. Will retry after the state location is initialized. I tried troubleshooting the eclipse launcher but it said test by opening to which the dialogue box opened again. Is there any way that I can fix this to where I can open my program again, or do I have to reinstall, if possible I would like to recover the program I was originally trying to open. I can provide with screenshots and files as needed.
Thanks.
Re: Trouble opening eclipse, opening a previous project [message #1723114 is a reply to message #1722992] Thu, 11 February 2016 18:15 Go to previous message
user user is currently offline user userFriend
I see the same message "...The org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration bundle was activated before the state location was initialized..." on startup. But I haven't noticed any problem running Eclipse.

Details:

The complete message is:
"org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: The org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration bundle was activated before the state location was initialized. Will retry after the state location is initialized."

This is followed by:
"org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: Logback config file: C:\mydirpath\mars1_workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration\logback.1.6.2.20150902-0002.xml"

I only see these messages if I start Eclipse with the -consolelog option. (The messages are shown in the separate consolelog window.)

I'm running Mars.1 Release (4.5.1) Build id: 20150924-1200.
VM is jdk1.8.0_72\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
OS is Win7 Enterprise SP1 32 bit
Previous Topic:Access to the proposal provider through the Xtext Web application
Next Topic:Eclipse keeps crashing with exit code 11
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:11:39 GMT 2024