Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » retained of linkedhashmap does not include values?
retained of linkedhashmap does not include values? [message #1721636] Thu, 28 January 2016 20:08
Michael Reiche is currently offline Michael ReicheFriend
I have a parent object containing a LinkedHashMap and a few other objects. The 'retained' for the parent object appears to contain correct value (the LinkedHashMap including its values, plus the other objects), but the individidual 'retained' for that LinkedHashMap appears to be only the array of LinkedHashMap$Entry. Am I seeing that correctly? Could this be because every Entry has a 'next' referencing it from the previous Entry? And Memory Analyzer is not figuring out that the only non-local reference is via LinkedHashMap object? When I have an object with several of these LinkedHashMaps, it makes it difficult to find which one is using how much memory - even when there are no other references to the LinkedHashMap. I have to sum up the 'value' of each Entry to find the real 'retained' for the LinkedHashMap.

Thanks in advance,
- Mike
Previous Topic:Mat 1.50 failed on NullPointerException when parsing HPROF
Next Topic:Memory Analyzer for Embedded C projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:19:35 GMT 2024