Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Arduino C++ IDE: Upload succeeds, console shell fails(Arduino C++ IDE: Upload succeeds, console shell fails)
Arduino C++ IDE: Upload succeeds, console shell fails [message #1721539] Thu, 28 January 2016 08:22 Go to next message
Jon Barrilleaux is currently offline Jon BarrilleauxFriend
I was able to compile and upload my code to an Arduino Mega, and from the status lights it appears to be running correctly. However, when I try to open a command shell to it I consistently get the error...

'Making connection' has encountered a problem.
Error opening serial port: 2

Hitting the details button just repeats "Error opening....".
Re: Arduino C++ IDE: Upload succeeds, console shell fails [message #1721600 is a reply to message #1721539] Thu, 28 January 2016 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
Error code 2 is file not found. Interesting. What was the port that you were trying?

Also please raise a bug so we can track this. Sounds like a bug.
Re: Arduino C++ IDE: Upload succeeds, console shell fails [message #1721619 is a reply to message #1721600] Thu, 28 January 2016 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the record: Com15 via USB on Windows 7. I'm using a presumably up to date eclipse Mars.

I will now attempt to create a bug, although I am unclear as to how to describe the conditions that lead to it because I think I am doing the same thing as you were in the video, put nothing I try works.
Re: Arduino C++ IDE: Upload succeeds, console shell fails [message #1721620 is a reply to message #1721619] Thu, 28 January 2016 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried to create a bug via the help menu in eclipse. Nothing in the list of "supported products" seemed appropriate for this -- there was no mention of C/C++ as a a supported product, just Java, the eclipse platform, etc. So, how does one go about creating a bug issue for C/C++?

.....Never mind, I just figured it out. For future reference for others, go to the project page for CDT, rummage around a bit, and eventually you'll see a link to create an issue in bugzilla. Pick CDT-arduino, etc etc.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 January 2016 16:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Arduino C++ IDE: Upload succeeds, console shell fails [message #1721622 is a reply to message #1721600] Thu, 28 January 2016 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW: I can open the Arduino IDE and use its "serial monitor" to get status from the Arduino -- code was loaded and it is working as expected. Too bad I can't do this inside the eclipse IDE. Hopefully it will be a quick bug to fix.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 January 2016 17:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Arduino C++ IDE: Upload succeeds, console shell fails [message #1721631 is a reply to message #1721622] Thu, 28 January 2016 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, that's it. There is an issue with COM ports with two digit numbers. I can't find the bug for it but remember someone saying something about it somewhere (which is why it's so important to raise a bug Wink).

BTW, there is the link to bugzilla on the Eclipse Marketplace page for Arduino C++.
Re: Arduino C++ IDE: Upload succeeds, console shell fails [message #1721640 is a reply to message #1721631] Thu, 28 January 2016 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW: Since this arduino stuff is mixed in with CDT rather than being a separate forum, searches for meaningful info about matters specific to arduino and/or the plugin are difficult. Have you considered starting a separate forum (haven't a clue what that might entail)?
Re: Arduino C++ IDE: Upload succeeds, console shell fails [message #1721641 is a reply to message #1721640] Thu, 28 January 2016 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well most of the traffic so far has been bug reports. As those bugs get fixed, the information here gets stale anyway. And bugzilla is probably the better place to search for those things anyway.

But I'll monitor the situation. I haven't really been following the forums much over the years until this Arduino stuff hit. And now we have it hooked up to Mattermost so it'll be easy to see things as they come up. We'll see.
Re: Arduino C++ IDE: Upload succeeds, console shell fails [message #1774257 is a reply to message #1721641] Thu, 12 October 2017 09:34 Go to previous message
User One is currently offline User OneFriend
I'm also experiencing issues with the console. Submited bugreport.
Previous Topic:GCC C++ Compiler can't find include directory
Next Topic:__uuidof support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:31:03 GMT 2024