Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Setting diagram preferences has no effect?
Setting diagram preferences has no effect? [message #1716968] Wed, 09 December 2015 10:37 Go to next message
Andreas Pleuss is currently offline Andreas PleussFriend
Hi,

I try to specify diagram preferences in the preferences dialogue. In particluar, rectilinear routing style and jump links. I have set it in the Eclipse preferences for all diagrams but I cannot see any effect on any diagram, not even in new projects created afterwards. I tried Papyrus 1.1 and 1.0.2.

Does this work for you? Is there anything I have not considered?

Many thanks,
Andreas
Re: Setting diagram preferences has no effect? [message #1716980 is a reply to message #1716968] Wed, 09 December 2015 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Andreas,

These preference pages should have been removed, as they are not used anymore

We now rely on Diagram Stylesheets (CSS) to customize the appearance of diagrams & diagram elements

Sorry for the confusion!

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Setting diagram preferences has no effect? [message #1716988 is a reply to message #1716980] Wed, 09 December 2015 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Camille,

Many thanks for the clarification. The Papyrus user guide says that "It is not recommended to use jump links via CSS, as it gives strange results for overlapping connectors". Is this still true?

Regards,
Andreas
Re: Setting diagram preferences has no effect? [message #1716997 is a reply to message #1716988] Wed, 09 December 2015 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Andreas,

Yes, it is still true, especially when using rectilinear links. However, that's not specific to CSS. In general, enabling "jump links" on all links in a GMF Diagram is a bad idea, because overlapping links are not properly managed.

But you can still manually disable these incorrect jumps whenever you need to

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Setting diagram preferences has no effect? [message #1716998 is a reply to message #1716997] Wed, 09 December 2015 14:28 Go to previous message
Ok. Thanks!
Previous Topic:Papyrus for Eclipse C++ Development tool
Next Topic:Reusing Papyrus Sequence Diagram Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:49:54 GMT 2024