Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Using fragments
Using fragments [message #1716725] Mon, 07 December 2015 18:31
Mathias Dolag is currently offline Mathias DolagFriend
Hello,

I've a short question relating to fragments. In my application I use messages.properties (and messages_de.properties) for localization. Now I'd like to use a second version of these files to change messages for another customer. A good solution, I think, are fragments. As far as I know (and read) it's not possible to use a messages.properties - File in my host-plugin which will be overriden with another implementation placed in a fragment. So I think I have to use 2 fragments, one for each customer. The Messages.java - file can be placed in the host while the *.properties are delivered by the fragments. Is this right?

Another question relating to this topic:
I've done few steps yet to:

* Creating 2 fragments
* Moving the *.properties - Files from the host plugin to one fragment
* Creating new *.properties - Files with another Message-Implementation in the second fragment
* Configuring the features and the run configurations that the corresponding fragments are used

Now I've got the problem that the original Messages which where placed in the host-plugin are used. I can change both fragment-Implementations but none of them are used. I tried to delete and reconfigure my run configurations without success. Can someone give me a hint how to configure it the right way? I'd like to start 2 different Products out of my IDE with 2 different Message-Implementations.

Thanks in advance Smile
Mathias
Previous Topic:EventBroker.post does not reach @UIEventTopic method
Next Topic:Restricting Plug-in Dependency to fixed version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:00:35 GMT 2024