Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Validate plug-ins: Missing Constraint on bundle(..which IS a constraint however..)
Validate plug-ins: Missing Constraint on bundle [message #1716220] Wed, 02 December 2015 10:00 Go to next message
Piero Campalani is currently offline Piero CampalaniFriend

Dear experts,

I am developing an RCP application:

-- I have a feature-based product P which includes my feature F.
-- feature F wraps bundle B1
-- B1 depends on B2

When I run P, I get the usual "No application id has been found" but I am used to this, and I usually use the Add Required Plug-ins button in my Run Configuration and I'm OK.

Now time has come to deploy the application and I'm facing troubles.
Troubleshooting my issues, I realised that if I validate my plug-ins in my Run Configuration, I get this:

Missing Constraint: Require Bundle: B2; bundle-version="0.0.0"

Indeed it does not get included automatically in my Run Configuration, although it is declared as a bundle dependency in B1's MANIFEST (Require-Bundle directive).

This is indeed the problem I am facing while launching my deployed executable.

The question is: Why U NO include B2??
Ok.. seriously: any idea?

Thank you very much,
-Piero

[Updated on: Wed, 02 December 2015 10:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Validate plug-ins: Missing Constraint on bundle [message #1716231 is a reply to message #1716220] Wed, 02 December 2015 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
It is a feature based product and if I understand correctly B2 is not part of your feature. So question back: Why do you expect that B2 is part of your product if you haven't added it to your product via feature?
Re: Validate plug-ins: Missing Constraint on bundle [message #1716257 is a reply to message #1716231] Wed, 02 December 2015 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Dirk.

Exactly B2 is not part of F, but I thought that dependencies at bundle-level where not ignored. Indeed I realized that it is necessary to include features including B2 in the feature.xml file.

Side note:
In case B2 is not included in any feature (eg. an external library), I manually copied B2.jar inside B1 (+added to classpath +exported). Is this THE way to go in such cases?

Now, despite the validation of the dependencies does not detect anything wrong, I see that the magic button "Add Required Plug-ins" in my Run configuration is still adding more plugins.
How can I detect and include in my product all these new required plug-ins without a brute-force diff of my run configurations?
What is THE way here as well?

Thanks
-Piero

[Updated on: Wed, 02 December 2015 14:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Validate plug-ins: Missing Constraint on bundle [message #1716285 is a reply to message #1716257] Wed, 02 December 2015 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is another magic button called Validate that inspects your configuration and tells you what is missing.
Re: Validate plug-ins: Missing Constraint on bundle [message #1716340 is a reply to message #1716285] Thu, 03 December 2015 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Dear Dirk,

Now, despite the validation of the dependencies does not detect anything wrong

indeed validation does not detect missing requirements, but then plug-ins are still added when I click on Add Required.

Furthermore, when no existing feature includes a given packaged plug-in, should I manually import the jar file in my bundle or is there some other more orthodox way to achieve that?
Re: Validate plug-ins: Missing Constraint on bundle [message #1716378 is a reply to message #1716340] Thu, 03 December 2015 11:19 Go to previous message
I would suggest to create another feature then, that includes the plugin and add that feature to the product.
Previous Topic:Persisted state not persisted from a fragment?
Next Topic:e4 Best Practice to avoid extension points
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:29:30 GMT 2024