Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Very basic tutorial about a new project for ETL
Very basic tutorial about a new project for ETL [message #1715549] Tue, 24 November 2015 10:57 Go to next message
Andrea Vassallo is currently offline Andrea VassalloFriend
Hi all
I need to transform a RDF/XML model to a Matlab structure.
I don't know the correct manner to create the right projetct type, where to locate my RDF/XML model, what type of file generate (.eol, .etl ?).
I read Epsilon Book but I'm confused about how to start.

Thanks
Re: Very basic tutorial about a new project for ETL [message #1715564 is a reply to message #1715549] Tue, 24 November 2015 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daniele di pompeo is currently offline daniele di pompeoFriend
Hi,
you should start from the standalone example (inside the git repository[1]).

[1] git repository

cheers
Daniele
Re: Very basic tutorial about a new project for ETL [message #1715568 is a reply to message #1715564] Tue, 24 November 2015 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Daniele,
Once I go at the link you suggested me, where can I find the standalone example?
Thanks
Re: Very basic tutorial about a new project for ETL [message #1715633 is a reply to message #1715568] Tue, 24 November 2015 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Andrea,

The standalone and several other examples are available under the examples/ folder of the Git repo. Please note that the standalone example is a good starting point mainly if you intend to run your EOL/ETL transformation from a standalone Java program. If you plan to run your transformation within Eclipse using the Epsilon development tools, the org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.buildooinstance and org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.tree2graph examples would be a better starting point for your exploration. It would be useful to also go through the Epsilon book and the screencasts [2, 3] if you haven't done so already.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/epsilon/org.eclipse.epsilon.git/tree/examples
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/book
[3] https://www.youtube.com/epsilondevs
Re: Very basic tutorial about a new project for ETL [message #1715677 is a reply to message #1715633] Wed, 25 November 2015 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Daniele and Dimitris,
I managed to clone the git repository and I'm starting to explore the examples.
Re: Very basic tutorial about a new project for ETL [message #1715712 is a reply to message #1715677] Wed, 25 November 2015 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I read the documentation and explored many examples. Now I'm little bit confused.
Can you suggest me a correct way to operate?

As I said I have a RDF/XML model and I want to transform it in a Matlab structure.

I think the first step should be to create a .model from the RDF/XML file and I can do this using eol?
The second step should be to define some rules to transform the objects contained in the RDF model to the Matlab structure.

What type of files I have to write? (.eol , .etl, .launch?)

Thanks
Re: Very basic tutorial about a new project for ETL [message #1716000 is a reply to message #1715712] Mon, 30 November 2015 10:59 Go to previous message
daniele di pompeo is currently offline daniele di pompeoFriend
Hi Andrea,
First of all i think that you should write yours etl file, in which you should put every mapping between the source meta-model and the target meta-model, after you could pass the model to etl engine and lastly you should be able to run yours transformations.

Eol is the common language among the Epsilon Languages, so it allows you to write something like an operation library.

The .launch file is used by ant to execute yours transformation, without write the java code

cheers
Daniele
Previous Topic:RDF/XML Model access
Next Topic:[Eugenia] Change the color of the links label text [SOLVED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 04:11:56 GMT 2024