Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » SiriusAwarePropertiesEditingComponent cannot be resolved to a type
SiriusAwarePropertiesEditingComponent cannot be resolved to a type [message #1715341] Sun, 22 November 2015 13:44 Go to next message
Yariv Amar is currently offline Yariv AmarFriend
following the tutorial - https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/viewpoint-eef.html

when I set the "Leaf Components Super Class to org.eclipse.sirius.eef.components.SiriusAwarePropertiesEditingComponent."

The generated code indeed extends the class but the class is not found.
where can i find the class and how do i add it to the project .

Another question is, once i create my own properties viewer/editor, is there a way to open it once I double-click a line in edition table?

thanks
Re: SiriusAwarePropertiesEditingComponent cannot be resolved to a type [message #1715579 is a reply to message #1715341] Tue, 24 November 2015 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
C Tran is currently offline C TranFriend
Yariv Amar wrote on Sun, 22 November 2015 08:44
following the tutorial - https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/viewpoint-eef.html

when I set the "Leaf Components Super Class to org.eclipse.sirius.eef.components.SiriusAwarePropertiesEditingComponent."

The generated code indeed extends the class but the class is not found.
where can i find the class and how do i add it to the project .

Another question is, once i create my own properties viewer/editor, is there a way to open it once I double-click a line in edition table?

thanks

For this dependency: org.eclipse.sirius.eef.components.SiriusAwarePropertiesEditingComponent

you need to include this plugin:
org.eclipse.sirius.eef.adapters

For your second question, I leave it to others who know more than me. I am also interested in an answer though.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 November 2015 13:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SiriusAwarePropertiesEditingComponent cannot be resolved to a type [message #1715603 is a reply to message #1715579] Tue, 24 November 2015 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks,
How do i get this dependency? I don't have it...
index.php/fa/24068/0/
Re: SiriusAwarePropertiesEditingComponent cannot be resolved to a type [message #1715675 is a reply to message #1715603] Wed, 25 November 2015 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had to install EcoreTools (3.1.0) to get the eef.adaptes plugin.

however, now whenever i try to initilize the eef edit model (right click my.genmodel file -> EEF -> initialize EEF models) i get NPE Confused

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.core.initializer.ViewTransformer.eStructuralFeature2ViewElement(ViewTransformer.java:156)
	at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.core.initializer.ViewTransformer.genClass2Views(ViewTransformer.java:108)
	at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.core.initializer.ViewTransformer.genPackage2ViewsRepository(ViewTransformer.java:85)
	at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.core.initializer.PropertiesInitializer.initialize(PropertiesInitializer.java:103)
	at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.initializer.actions.InitializeEEFModelsAction.run(InitializeEEFModelsAction.java:77)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:247)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4362)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1113)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4180)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3769)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1127)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:337)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1018)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:156)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:654)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:337)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:598)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:139)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:669)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:608)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1515)

eclipse.buildId=4.5.1.M20150904-0015
java.version=1.8.0_51
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product -data file:/C:/xText/workspace-sirius/ -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product
Re: SiriusAwarePropertiesEditingComponent cannot be resolved to a type [message #1715871 is a reply to message #1715675] Thu, 26 November 2015 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
C Tran is currently offline C TranFriend
the exception does not seem to suggest anything specific to your metamodel or genmodel. Can you reproduce it? Perhaps share your metamodel/genmodel so that others may give a try to help you.
Re: SiriusAwarePropertiesEditingComponent cannot be resolved to a type [message #1716021 is a reply to message #1715871] Mon, 30 November 2015 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks,
it is strange. In my project, which is based on Xtext, I always get the NPE.
but, if i create a new Xtext project(s) and then use the same grammar, I'm able to initialize EEF model.
There is something bad in the project configuration. I can't tell what....
Re: SiriusAwarePropertiesEditingComponent cannot be resolved to a type [message #1717661 is a reply to message #1716021] Tue, 15 December 2015 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Giannis Kafousis is currently offline Giannis KafousisFriend
I also have a problem with SiriusAwarePropertiesEditingComponent. I still cannot find package org.eclipse.sirius.eef.components to add it. Any solutions ?
Re: SiriusAwarePropertiesEditingComponent cannot be resolved to a type [message #1718326 is a reply to message #1717661] Tue, 22 December 2015 13:36 Go to previous message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Le 15/12/2015 16:29, Giannis Kafousis a écrit :
> I also have a problem with SiriusAwarePropertiesEditingComponent. I
> still cannot find package org.eclipse.sirius.eef.components to add it.
> Any solutions ?

Hi,

As said by C Tran, this class is in the plugin
org.eclipse.sirius.eef.adapters.
This plugin is available in the Sirius update site (feature "Sirius
Integration with EEF",
org.eclipse.sirius.runtime.ide.eef.feature.group), as in the joined
screenshot.

Best regards,

--
Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Copy Representation loses element positions
Next Topic:Tree element label goes blank when selected
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:42:45 GMT 2024