Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Association behaviour in reaction to graphical Drag and Drop
Association behaviour in reaction to graphical Drag and Drop [message #1714574] Fri, 13 November 2015 16:11 Go to next message
Lionel Odolant is currently offline Lionel OdolantFriend
Dear member of the community,

I try to understand a litlte curiosity I encountered using Papyrus to model a class diagram. Since I can't seem to find an answer on both the UML specifications and the forum, maybe one of you could kindly enlighten me.

Here is my scenario :
- I create three classes, let's audaciously call them A, B and C.
- I create an association between A and B.
- It seems the association member ends refer to an internal property and to a property created in A (or B for all we care).
(- If I create another class diagram, drag and drop A, B, C and the association, they appear as expected)
- Realizing an error, I drag and drop one of the association graphical anchor from class B to class C, to link A anc C.
- On another class diagram, I drag and drop class A, B, C and the association, but the association appear between B and C instead of A and C.

It seems both UML Properties are modified to link B and C, while in the graphic it is between A anc C, and I fail to understand its current behaviour...

Thanks in advance for your wisdom !
Regards,
Lionel
Re: Association behaviour in reaction to graphical Drag and Drop [message #1714927 is a reply to message #1714574] Tue, 17 November 2015 17:08 Go to previous message
Lionel Odolant is currently offline Lionel OdolantFriend
Hello,

I think it was a bug already resolved, in a slightly more recent release than mine (Mars SR1) :
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=477133

Then the behaviour is as I thought it would be, this time !

Lionel
Previous Topic:How to create diagram from existing .uml file?
Next Topic:How to Adress Single Elements with an Css File
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:10:06 GMT 2024