Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [ECP] Support for other file extension for import/export project/child
[ECP] Support for other file extension for import/export project/child [message #1713488] Wed, 04 November 2015 14:52 Go to next message
Teohari Simona is currently offline Teohari SimonaFriend
Hello,

By default, I saw that EMF Client Platform uses XMI format to make operations like "Import project" , "Export", "Import child" in its model explorer. Can this be changed into XML format?
I want to use ECP and NOT an EMF RCP application, there I know I can change this.

Thank you very much,
Simona
Re: [ECP] Support for other file extension for import/export project/child [message #1713591 is a reply to message #1713488] Thu, 05 November 2015 11:16 Go to previous message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Simona,
An XMI file is already an XML file see Wikipedia .
Only the file extension is different. The dialogs filter for files with an xmi extension, but when loading or saving a file you can override the default extension.

You can nonetheless replace the whole dialog by providing an own implementation of org.eclipse.emf.ecp.internal.ui.util.ECPFileDialogHelper as an OSGi Service.
You can find an implementation of this here: /org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui.rcp /org.eclipse.emf.ecp.internal.ui.util.ECPFileDialogHelperImpl or if you don't have the source code, you can find it in git: Git Source

I hope this helps,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:Binding Ecore model object to ECP form custom control
Next Topic:[EEF] Context-Sensitive Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:45:16 GMT 2024