Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » MinGW-w64(How to install MinGW-w64 to work with Eclipse Mars)
MinGW-w64 [message #1712446] Sun, 25 October 2015 02:29 Go to next message
George YAROSHEVSKIY is currently offline George YAROSHEVSKIYFriend
I have downloaded and installed MinGW-w64 on my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit machine.
I have installed Eclipse Mars CDT that works with MinGW 4.8.
I need step-by-step instructions to set MinGW-w64 to work with Eclipse Mars CDT.
I found one on YouTube, but it is very hard to follow because of poor video quality.

Any help?
Re: MinGW-w64 [message #1714303 is a reply to message #1712446] Wed, 11 November 2015 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diego Chinellato is currently offline Diego ChinellatoFriend
Two things to do.
First, f you haven't already done it, start the terminal and go to the folder where mingw-get.exe is (usually it's C:\MinGW\bin, so type on the terminal cd MinGW and cd bin. Then type mingw-get install gcc g++.

Then, add the PATH variable to eclipse:
1) you need to go "windows\preferences\c/c++\build\environment"
2) then just click Add...
3) Set fields with the next values:
Name: PATH
Value: C:\MinGW\bin
where "C:\MinGW\bin" is your real path where mingw binaries are stored. (to make sure that you set the right path just go to this directory and find gcc.exe or g++.exe. if you find it it's ok.)
4) Choose "Append variables to native environment"
5) Press "Apply" and then "OK"

Now it should work.
Re: MinGW-w64 [message #1719083 is a reply to message #1714303] Tue, 05 January 2016 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank for reply but it is not what I looking for.
The optimal to me is to set a new tool chain like C14 or MinGW64 and have it working with MinGW64, and keep MinGW Home tool chain separately.
If it is impossible, I would like to overwrite MinGW chain to work with MinGW64.
I would like to set exec, include, lib paths to work for all C++ projects, but I do not know how to do it.
Re: MinGW-w64 [message #1719121 is a reply to message #1719083] Tue, 05 January 2016 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
You can migrate your settings to other projects with File ==> Export and File ==> Import if that's what you're asking.
What do you mean by "keep MinGW Home tool chain separately"?

If you want both the 32 bit and 64 bit within a project then make a new build configuration and modify the commands within it. Lookup Tool Chain Settings to see how.

If you mean some global setting, there are no global tool chain settings except those already provided. You can implement your own but you will need to learn more about the internal workings of Eclipse. Not a small subject.
Re: MinGW-w64 [message #1719187 is a reply to message #1719121] Wed, 06 January 2016 01:51 Go to previous message
Thank for reply.
I will try new configuration for MinGW64,
Previous Topic:How do I use relative paths with -rpath???
Next Topic:CDT open declaration on implicit function.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:10:24 GMT 2024