Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to create programmatically a Papyrus Model ?(Plugin for creating a Papyrus model.)
How to create programmatically a Papyrus Model ? [message #1711256] Wed, 14 October 2015 11:31 Go to next message
Eric Boccanfuso is currently offline Eric BoccanfusoFriend
Hello,

I am a recent Eclipse/Papyrus user. I need to create programmatically a Papyrus Model to implement a plugin.
I found how to create programmatically an Eclipse Project, put a uml file, but I didn't find how to consolidate the folder as a Papyrus model with expected resources .notation and .uml files.

Could you help me to find the suitable documentation or some examples ?

Many thanks in advance.
Re: How to create programmatically a Papyrus Model ? [message #1711267 is a reply to message #1711256] Wed, 14 October 2015 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Hi Eric,
You can create a simple txt file for the .notation and .di file with just the following in it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xmi:XMI xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI"/>

The .uml file is already created by you.

If you want to actually create a diagram for the model then you will have to use the Papyrus API for creating a diagram e.g. see https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1070214/

Whether you need a diagram or not really depends on your use-case. If you don't need a diagram then you just really need the .uml file and in fact don't need a .di or .notation

Regards,
Ronan
Re: How to create programmatically a Papyrus Model ? [message #1711269 is a reply to message #1711267] Wed, 14 October 2015 13:30 Go to previous message
Eric Boccanfuso is currently offline Eric BoccanfusoFriend
Thanks Ronan,
I am going to investigate your response.
Previous Topic:Viewpoints in Papyrus Mars
Next Topic:Where are 'org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.**' classes in Papyrus 1.0.2?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:57:57 GMT 2024