Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to change double click command in project explorer?(Need to get the workbench command to do something other than open an editor)
How to change double click command in project explorer? [message #1709195] Thu, 24 September 2015 18:52
Jay Billings is currently offline Jay BillingsFriend
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to override the default command/action that happens when one double clicks a resource in the Project Explorer. I would appreciate any suggestions that you might have.

Specifically, what I need is for the double click command to route the request through another class, not just open an editor based on the content type. This other class will do some work based on the content and then programmatically pop open the appropriate editor. This "other work" could be, for example, pulling some extra data from a server or decompressing something.

Our file format is XML and I have figured out how to add a custom content type for it that will override the default XML editor, but still it will open in an editor first. It looks like the Common Navigator Framework provides a way to override actions in the project explorer, but those appear to only be for the right click menu and they appear to be global.

Any suggestions on where I can get started with this?

Thanks for your time!

Jay

Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Twitter: @jayjaybillings
Previous Topic:Charts in the web
Next Topic:Eclipse RCP E3 Status Bar Message and Images
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:13:26 GMT 2024