Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » how to set the system wide gitconfig(windows msysgit 2.5.3 64bit)
how to set the system wide gitconfig(windows msysgit 2.5.3 64bit) [message #1709148] Thu, 24 September 2015 13:14 Go to next message
Enrico Horn is currently offline Enrico HornFriend
In Egit 4.0.3 the browse button for the system wide gitconfig in Preferences under Team > Git > Configuration > System Setttings is missing.

The current location is shown as unknown for me.

1. How does Egit determine the location of the system wide gitconfig file?
2. Where is the Browse button to change that setting?
Re: how to set the system wide gitconfig(windows msysgit 2.5.3 64bit) [message #1709168 is a reply to message #1709148] Thu, 24 September 2015 15:02 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Enrico Horn wrote on Thu, 24 September 2015 09:14
In Egit 4.0.3 the browse button for the system wide gitconfig in Preferences under Team > Git > Configuration > System Setttings is missing.

The current location is shown as unknown for me.

1. How does Egit determine the location of the system wide gitconfig file?
2. Where is the Browse button to change that setting?

1. https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/48145/6/org.eclipse.jgit/src/org/eclipse/jgit/util/FS.java

I think this is broken, it works for me when I change the command being run to bash --login -c "git config --system --edit" so that it runs in a bash login shell.

2. this was removed in EGit in 4.0 due to API changes which broke the UI implementation and not yet reintroduced. We should fix this, the required JGit API is available: FS.setGitSystemConfig(File)

Please file a bug
Previous Topic:How to Synchronize and Commit from the root project?
Next Topic:EGit needs --NOfollow option
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:00:25 GMT 2024