Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Need help with Nat Tables, can't show the Classifier type(Tables)
Need help with Nat Tables, can't show the Classifier type [message #1708709] Sat, 19 September 2015 06:14 Go to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
I have several issues with Papyrus tables, can anyone help? I don't know if I'm doing the wrong thing or maybe I should submit an enhancement request).

1) No way to automatically expand all elements in Model Explorer
There is a "Collapse all" button, but no "Expand all"... it's not practical to manually expand hundreds of elements in a large model. Since I need to drag the elements on UML Generic Table to be reported, this is a major usability issue

2) OK so I have manually expanded hundreds of elements and drag them to the UML generic table. I want the following columns:
a) Classifier Type
b) Classifier Name
c) Classifier Description
d) Classifier Applied comment

for example:
CLASSIFIER NAME DESCRIPTION Comment
UseCase UC1 Blah.. Blah...
UseCase UC2 Blah...
Use Case UC3 Etc. etc Blahhh
Actor John Blah
Actor Mary Blah
Component System1 Blah
Component System2 Blah Blah

This way I can export to Excel and filter by Classifier type (all Use Cases, then all Actors etc. etc.) BUT it seems that Papyrus cannot list the classifier type in tables?? Papyrus knows the type because it shows the correct decoration on each row header, but none of the columns show that a Use Case is a Use Case or a Component is a Component. Is this a bug, a needed enhancement, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
Re: Need help with Nat Tables, can't show the Classifier type [message #1708787 is a reply to message #1708709] Mon, 21 September 2015 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Quote:
1) No way to automatically expand all elements in Model Explorer
There is a "Collapse all" button, but no "Expand all"... it's not practical to manually expand hundreds of elements in a large model. Since I need to drag the elements on UML Generic Table to be reported, this is a major usability issue

Try pressing "*" (On the Keypad). Don't try this if you enabled "Advanced Model Explorer", as this produces an infinite tree, and expanding an infinite tree takes quite some time Smile

Quote:
a) Classifier Type

Indeed, this is not supported by the standard Papyrus columns. The "Type" is a meta-information, and the Table only provides support for "Properties" by default. This would require a simple extension to be supported.

Both enhancements make sense in my opinion, so please feel free to submit enhancement requests on the Papyrus bugzilla

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Need help with Nat Tables, can't show the Classifier type [message #1708813 is a reply to message #1708787] Mon, 21 September 2015 12:52 Go to previous message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Thanks very much Camille! * works to expand! I submitted enhancement suggestions.
Previous Topic:Java 8 support for Papyrus?
Next Topic:TimeEvent value setting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:32:45 GMT 2024