Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » FormLayout behaviour on resizing(Does FormLayout by design render widgets overlapped when the window size is too small)
FormLayout behaviour on resizing [message #1708376] Wed, 16 September 2015 05:31
Joe Fernandez is currently offline Joe FernandezFriend
I've tried using FormLayout, both with my own code and the sample code in the very useful "Understanding Layouts in SWT" Eclipse Corner article.

In both case I find when I shrink the window to the point where all the widgets cannot be displayed, FormLayout starts to render some of them overlapping others. I find this behavior quite disconcerting - GridLayout allows the widgets to scroll out of view, which is more intuitive to me.

Is this a deliberate design choice in FormLayout and, if so, are there any Best Practice type notes (for example, on setting minimum size as a restriction) that would apply to this? I think users will tell me I have a bug in my UI.

I really like the power of FormLayout, for example, when you use FormAttachments, compared with GridLayout, so I would like to find the best way to deal with this.
Previous Topic:GUI plugable application in SWT
Next Topic:How to set id`s to org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Table items and rows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 21:18:52 GMT 2024