Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » Generating bottom-up EJB webservice in Eclipse(Unable to generate the service from a bean)
Generating bottom-up EJB webservice in Eclipse [message #1708079] Sat, 12 September 2015 10:39
A B is currently offline A BFriend
I am trying to generate a bottom-up webservice in Eclipse Kepler and I am running into some issue that I cannot resolve.

Here is the scenario

I have a Stateless EJB3 session bean from which I am trying to create a bottom-up webservice in Kepler with WAS 8.5 as a server. I realise Kepler is old, but we use Clearcase for source control ( cannot change at the moment ) and Kepler is the last version with which the CC plug-in provided by IBM works. When I select the EJB -> Create Web Service -> Bottom-up EJB WebService -> Browse ( to Select a service implementation ), I do not see my EJB in the list to select. What am I missing? I had tested it a few days ago on the same bean on another machine ( so different set-up probably ) and there I was able to select the bean.

Note: We already have the service generated from the bean that is being used in production, but we need to add one more method to the bean / operation for the service, so we have to follow how it was done previously.

In both cases, I had used the same Project Interchange ( archive ) to create the workspace. Are there any settings I need to look at / delete / add that will allow me to proceed with the creation?

I am at a loss as to why am I not able to see the list of session beans to generate the service? I even tried to copy the EJB to a different name, to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Previous Topic:html code change not reflected
Next Topic:Websphere server hangs on startup in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:42:45 GMT 2024