Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Marquee Tool Help(Using Marquee Tool on Container Shape)
Marquee Tool Help [message #1706077] Fri, 21 August 2015 19:50 Go to next message
Robert Grant is currently offline Robert GrantFriend
I am trying to change the functionality of my diagram so that I am more easily able to use the marquee tool. I have a large container shape in which I am placing objects in. When the cursor is outside the container shape but inside the diagram, the marquee tool is automatically enabled when I click and drag (seen in the first image). But whenever the cursor is inside the container shape and I click and drag, it will not allow the marquee tool to work unless clicked on in the palette (seen in the second image). I am wondering if there is a way to use the marquee tool on the container shape even when the selector tool is being used.

index.php/fa/22999/0/

index.php/fa/23000/0/

[Updated on: Tue, 25 August 2015 20:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Marquee Tool Help [message #1707877 is a reply to message #1706077] Thu, 10 September 2015 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Robert,

not sure if that is possible. Clicking into a shape will make GEF activate the selection mode, so Graphiti will not be able to anbale Marquee.

However, there is a hook provided by Graphiti that can be used to overrule the selection: override the method getSelection in your tool beahvior provider and return null for this shape. That will prevent the shape from being selected. Besides you might get hold of the editor palette and try to activate the marquee. I have not tried that so I'm not sure if that could work...

HTH,
Michael
Re: Marquee Tool Help [message #1707926 is a reply to message #1707877] Thu, 10 September 2015 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Grant is currently offline Robert GrantFriend
Ok I will try this out! I'm unsure of where to get hold of the editor palette to activate the marquee. Do you know where I can do this?
Re: Marquee Tool Help [message #1707978 is a reply to message #1707926] Fri, 11 September 2015 07:42 Go to previous message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
You can get the the palette (PaletteRoot) from the diagram editor by calling getPaletteRoot(). There you have access to all tool entries via getChildren().

HTH,
Michael
Previous Topic:Removing Ellipsis from Text.
Next Topic:How to link business model (file) to diagram instance?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:59:36 GMT 2024