Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » After stopping my test the growth of heap never come down(After stopping my test the growth of heap never come down)
After stopping my test the growth of heap never come down [message #1702871] Mon, 27 July 2015 04:52
Manas Jena is currently offline Manas JenaFriend
My Application is a tomcat application and which talk to rabbit MQ . heap is reaching 3 GB and after a major GC it come down to around 700 megabytes .
But the issue is, the application was Ideal for more than 12 Hrs , So there will be no growth of objects . But Objects are getting created and collected by GCs .

Is that a Usual behavior , Because After starting the application , it consumes max 1 GB of Heap , But when I have stated the test with 100 concurrent users , the as usual the heap growth happen , and all fall happen after the GC collected ( 3 GB max heap) . But After stopping the test , the heap is not coming to normal .

I have taken Dump after a Major GC and Dump when it reach almost 3GB . Found that the unreachable object char[] array is the top contributor .
But where is the issue in char array , I'm unable to find it .

I have attached the screenshot of heap usage in ideal state , after I stop a test .

Please guide me how to check the issues from the MAT on the heap dump .
Previous Topic:Memory Analyzer 1.5 Released
Next Topic:Unable to open .bin files generated by jmap with 1.8.0_u60
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:37:13 GMT 2024