Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Install new Software is not working in RCP application- Eclipse Indigo
Install new Software is not working in RCP application- Eclipse Indigo [message #1702803] Fri, 24 July 2015 17:51 Go to next message
sai bala is currently offline sai balaFriend
I have created my own RCP application with an option to install new software menu-> Added all the necessary plugins for that in Eclipse Indigo version.

When i tried to run my application and provide any Jar/local repository to install the site its throwing me below error :

An internal error occurred during: "Fetching children of jar:file:/C:/Users/Downloads/RTC-Client-p2Repo-4.0.6.zip!/".
java.lang.NullPointerException.

Even the problem exists for Check updates as well.

Please help on this, i tried all the possible way but nothing worked out.
Re: Install new Software is not working in RCP application- Eclipse Indigo [message #1702810 is a reply to message #1702803] Fri, 24 July 2015 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sai bala is currently offline sai balaFriend
Any help on this much appreciated. Also i added the p2.inf file in build.properties location of my RCP product and it has the below config :

instructions.configure=\
addRepository(type:1,location:jar${#58}file${#58}/C:/Users/Downloads/RTC-Client-p2Repo-4.0.6.zip!/);\
addRepository(type:1,location:jar${#58}file${#58}/C:/Users/Downloads/RTC-Client-p2Repo-4.0.6.zip!/);

I am not able to update either thru internet or archive.
Re: Install new Software is not working in RCP application- Eclipse Indigo [message #1702818 is a reply to message #1702803] Sat, 25 July 2015 06:16 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Am 24.07.2015 um 19:51 schrieb sai bala:
> I have created my own RCP application with an option to install new software menu-> Added all the necessary plugins
> for that in Eclipse Indigo version.
Eclipse Indigo is really old. Why don't you try if it works in a more recent version?

> When i tried to run my application and provide any Jar/local repository to install the site its throwing me below error :
>
> An internal error occurred during: "Fetching children of jar:file:/C:/Users/Downloads/RTC-Client-p2Repo-4.0.6.zip!/".
> java.lang.NullPointerException.
Without the stack trace of that exception nobody will be able to help you. But in case it points to old Indigo sources I
doubt that anyone is keen on grabbing those out to apply your stack trace. But who knows...

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

>
> Even the problem exists for Check updates as well.
>
> Please help on this, i tried all the possible way but nothing worked out.

Previous Topic:CVS repository
Next Topic:Eclipse Mars Install New Features/Update fails with HTTP Code 416
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:52:43 GMT 2024