Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] Running stand alone(Some quirks)
[Acceleo] Running stand alone [message #1702278] Tue, 21 July 2015 09:39
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi,

This time I'm not asking a question but posting some findings which might be helpful or might lead into creating a bug report.

My goal is to run an acceleo generator stand alone. I did the following:

- create metamodel
- create acceleo project
- create templates
(business as usual)

I ensured that my language packages were registered and that the xmi resource factory was registered (see Acceleo help, reference, stand-alone).

Then I right clicked the acceleo project and tried to export it as a runnable jar. Just using the default settings lead to a jar file that does not contain the emtl file. Do I need to create a bug report for this one, or is this expected behavior?

I did it again but this time I selected 'Save as ANT script'. The resulting jar file did not contain the emtl file but running the ANT script does ensure that the emtl file is added. This is the one that lead to a working version!

Even though I succeeded, I did it again but this time I selected in Library handling: package required libraries into generated jar. Apparently this changes how resources are loaded and I got a 'file not found' exception. Might be involved with the 'jar-in-jar-loader' implementation. Do I need to create a bug report for this one, or is this expected behavior?

Greetings,
Wilbert.
Previous Topic:Dynamic Acceleo Project Plugin
Next Topic:[Acceleo] Run my generator code from CLI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 10:56:45 GMT 2024