Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Eclipse Mars build path issues(Fails to see the jars in the classpath)
icon8.gif  Eclipse Mars build path issues [message #1702181] Mon, 20 July 2015 13:53 Go to next message
Ram Pantangi is currently offline Ram PantangiFriend
I just upgraded from Kepler to Mars and my god what kind of crap is this with the build paths. I already know Eclipse is very bad at seeing the jars in the file system (esp. on network mount), but this is now at a whole new level.

I have many spring-*.jar files in the classpath and I can clearly see in Eclipse that they are in the class path. But no amount of clean/build, remove jar, add jar etc. etc. helps. It just doesn't build the project as it fails to see those classes. And it doesn't happen with all the jars, it happens randomly on a few jars.

Adding/removing jar helped with a couple of jars, but on a few remaining, nothing helps. The project fine from outside with my gradle build, it is looking at the same directory for the jar dependencies.

What do I do???
Re: Eclipse Mars build path issues [message #1702289 is a reply to message #1702181] Tue, 21 July 2015 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Quote:
I already know Eclipse is very bad at seeing the jars in the file system (esp. on network mount)

Are you sure this is related to Eclipse and not related to a bad network connection? Have you tried to copy the jars to your local machine and reference them locally?
Re: Eclipse Mars build path issues [message #1717594 is a reply to message #1702289] Tue, 15 December 2015 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan Camilleri is currently offline Jonathan CamilleriFriend
I have a similar problem, I added jars to the build path and I cannot reference the libraries according to the examples documented at http://jsoup.org/. I have also tried other technical options but no joy as yet.

I did some reading online but I did not yet find a tutorial which helps me get up and running as yet.
  • Attachment: err22.jpg
    (Size: 49.93KB, Downloaded 266 times)
  • Attachment: err2.jpg
    (Size: 106.24KB, Downloaded 247 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 15 December 2015 07:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse Mars build path issues [message #1717597 is a reply to message #1717594] Tue, 15 December 2015 08:09 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
have you tried to change the classpath order? In your second screenshot I see that your sorce is above the libraries. Change this via right click on the project -> Build path -> Configure Build Path... -> Switch to the tab Order and Export and move your source folder to the bottom.
Previous Topic:Dependencies of same plugin with different versions
Next Topic:Switch to Bndtools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:18:27 GMT 2024