Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Luna Project Explorer shows folder as unknown type (GUI presentation (icon, enabling, filtering) question)
Luna Project Explorer shows folder as unknown type [message #1702027] Fri, 17 July 2015 15:57
DJ Wight is currently offline DJ WightFriend
Using Eclipse Luna (CDT, Autotools project) on a SUSE VirtualBox, am encountering something puzzling.

When I do my initial build of the C/C++ code project I am currently working with (a code package received from contractors) one of the things it does is create, under the /src tree, a /build folder containing a sub-folder for each of the other sub-folders under /src, into which the .o files, Makefiles, and gengetopt "built sources" (XXX_cmdline.c and XXX_cmdline.h) related to each are deposited. This is fine, it's what the contractors elected to do, to keep these files from cluttering the primary source folders under /src.

What has me puzzled, is that once the initial build is done, the new /build folder and its contents, and also the Autotools autom4te.cache, show up in Project Explorer

(a) with names greyed out
(b) each folder and file icon appears with a grey bar striking through it, lower left to upper right
(c) only the Makefiles are visible.

I have no idea what is going on with (a) or (b), as neither of these options are described in any Eclipse or Project Explorer documentation I have been able to find. Can anyone tell me where to find out what these markings mean?

I suspect (c) is being driven from somewhere within the Autotools build, because nothing in Eclipse Project Properties suggests any sort of resource filtering to be in play. Is anyone familiar with any sort of settings in Eclipse, which allow it to pick up on any sort of "outside" setting that might control file visibility in this way? Whatever is going on does not seem to be based on file permissions, as both the visible Makefiles and the invisible gengetopt files are set to the same (544) permissions.
Previous Topic:Styling breaks with CSS fallback fonts ?
Next Topic:Eclipse JEE 4.5.0 (MARS)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:04:25 GMT 2024