Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » User Help problem on 32 bits platorm(Help content is not binded)
User Help problem on 32 bits platorm [message #1701285] Fri, 10 July 2015 13:30 Go to next message
Alex Gor is currently offline Alex GorFriend
Hello All

I have eclipse RCP application that works on Eclipse 4 (Luna) platform via compatibility layer. I have particular plugin that contains content of end user assistance. I have to support two versio of my application : 32-bits and 64 bits.
Help assistance works good on 64-bits platform. On 32-bits platform assitance content is not open by Help->Help Content menu in exported application. In case I try run particular plugin as eclipse application from IDE, it works and I see my content via Help=>Help Content menu. Coud you please help me in this case?

Thanks in advance
Alex
Re: User Help problem on 32 bits platorm [message #1702506 is a reply to message #1701285] Wed, 22 July 2015 18:46 Go to previous message
Jennifer Skiendzielewski is currently offline Jennifer SkiendzielewskiFriend
You say that you have two versions of your application. Did you build two versions of your help system, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit? If you are just trying to run the 64-bit version with a 32-bit application, it probably won't work.

Also, have you checked the config.ini files to see if a specific version of java is listed as required? For example, I'm trying to debug a 64-bit application, and it requires 64-bit Java 7. I had to change the path environment variable on my system to point to that java, instead of Java 8.

If your 32-bit application is looking for Java 7 as well, and the only 32-bit Java that you have is java 8, it won't start.

Not sure if any of that helps, but it's something to look at.
Previous Topic:"Link with Contents" does not work until explicitly clicked
Next Topic:Creating MANIFEST.MF files for help plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:41:53 GMT 2024