Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unable to connect to/read repository at updateUrl/content.xml
Unable to connect to/read repository at updateUrl/content.xml [message #1699763] Fri, 26 June 2015 12:15
Yannick J. is currently offline Yannick J.Friend
I am unable to install Saros on my Eclipse Mars or Eclipse Luna distribution and it is starting to drive me batshit insane.

I used to get a "cannot connect to the repository at pluginUpdateUrl/content.xml connection reset" error after about 50% of the plugin children were retrieved (error was generated when trying to install via the Install New Software menu, via the Eclipse Marketplace, as well as when drag and dropping the install URL into the workspace area). This error went away after adding -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true to the eclipse.ini file, though I am not sure if that was a fix or farce as now I'm stuck with an error saying "unable to read repository at pluginUpdateUrl/content.xml permission denied: recv failed".

I can connect to the internet via the internal web browser just fine, even to the eclipse marketplace. My networks not running any proxies, and on multiple occasions my firewall has been disabled while attempting to install the plugin.

Stumbling upon the Eclipse Installer that's new with the mars distribution I figured I'd give that one a try, maybe it'll set some setting that unzipping does not. Same joke applies "unable to read repository at installerUpdateUrl/content.xml permission denied: recv failed" error". Installer fail report can be found at the following pastebin: gxZewj6W.

Any suggestions as to what I could try next are greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Previous Topic:Suppress Exit Window
Next Topic:Gdb 7.9.1 with eclipse on OSX Yosemite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:33:16 GMT 2024