Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Perform testing (protactor / selenium) with jenkins with 1024x768 resolution(Perform testing (protactor / selenium) with jenkins with 1024x768 resolution)
Perform testing (protactor / selenium) with jenkins with 1024x768 resolution [message #1698932] Thu, 18 June 2015 22:27 Go to next message
Erick Macedo is currently offline Erick MacedoFriend
Hi,

I'm working on an integration project continues using jenkins.
I have installed Jenkins and cofigurado properly on a Windowns machine and run a command "grunt test" that performs a test suite with protactor and selenium.

The test run, but jenkins open a session with the OS and I can not see the execution, as I would see it?

The biggest problem is the jenkins opens the browser at a lower resolution to 800x600 to run the test where just giving error mostly already tried using QRes.exe

Example: "QRes.exe / x: 1024 / y: 768," more is generated the message: "Error: The graphics mode is not supported."

I also tried using VNC with Xvnc plugin in jenkins and configured this way.

command line = "C: \ Program Files \ RealVNC \ VNC Server \ vncserver: $ DISPLAY_NUMBER -geometry 1024x768"

The setup worked for in the build log I can see the plugin running:

================================================================
Initiated by the user anonymous
Building on the workspace C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Jenkins \ jobs \ Test screen \ workspace
System is not Unix, Xvfb will not be started
Starting Xvnc
[Workspace] $ C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC Server\ vncserver: 13 -geometry 1024x768
? [4mRunning "protractor: run" (protractor) task [24m?
Using ChromeDriver directly ...
[Launcher] 1 Running instances of WebDriver ...
Terminating Xvnc.
=================================================================

But the test still end up failing because the resolution is still less than 800X600,

I do not know what to do to set up a resolution in jenkins, then ask for help come to you.

Thank
Re: Perform testing (protactor / selenium) with jenkins with 1024x768 resolution [message #1699072 is a reply to message #1698932] Sat, 20 June 2015 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duncan Mills is currently offline Duncan MillsFriend

If you are using Jenkins then perhaps it would be a good idea to ask this question on the Jenkins forums rather than this one?

Duncan Mills
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Perform testing (protactor / selenium) with jenkins with 1024x768 resolution [message #1699086 is a reply to message #1699072] Sat, 20 June 2015 16:27 Go to previous message
Erick Macedo is currently offline Erick MacedoFriend
Surely already posted this question there too, but still could not help, so I posted here as an alternative.
Previous Topic:Cron thread throw an exception
Next Topic:Subversion Checkout - File Modified Time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:07:25 GMT 2024