Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EMF-IncQuery » How can I keep my EMF model loaded (persistent Indexes)
How can I keep my EMF model loaded (persistent Indexes) [message #1696926] Fri, 29 May 2015 12:08 Go to next message
Made Leine is currently offline Made LeineFriend
Hi !

I have a huge EMF model and each time I load the model in Query Explorer it takes more than 20 minutes . I would like if once I loaded the model , then I close the application , and then start it again , to continue with the loaded model, not to wait anymore . Are the indexes persistent ? Or how Can I do this ? Thank You

Madeleine
Re: How can I keep my EMF model loaded (persistent Indexes) [message #1696929 is a reply to message #1696926] Fri, 29 May 2015 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Hi,

as of now, indexes and Rete networks created by EMF-IncQuery are not persisted, and we have no support for that available. However, that 20 minutes load times sounds really problematic. However, in my experience, even large models (over million model elements) did not take that more that one or two minutes to load (assuming enough memory was available).

Can you tell me/us the size of the models you are using and the amount of memory available for Eclipse? How many matches are expected by your patterns? Are there any warnings given by the pattern language editor (some warnings relate to possible performance issues)?

These information might help us to find other ways to reduce these waits on each loading.

Cheers,
Zoltán
Re: How can I keep my EMF model loaded (persistent Indexes) [message #1696935 is a reply to message #1696929] Fri, 29 May 2015 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Made Leine is currently offline Made LeineFriend
Thank you for answering! Unfortunately , I think the problem is with my model that is a customized EMF model and it has a lot of dependencies. My only problem right now is that it takes too much to load it. I can't give more details right now . I was just curious if I can have it already loaded anytime I restart Eclipse.
Thank you for help ,

Madeleine
Re: How can I keep my EMF model loaded (persistent Indexes) [message #1697088 is a reply to message #1696935] Mon, 01 June 2015 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ihave question is currently offline ihave questionFriend
I think that a persistent rate and index network would be very useful. I noticed that this came up in some other threads. Could this be on the future roadmap of IQ?
Re: How can I keep my EMF model loaded (persistent Indexes) [message #1697113 is a reply to message #1697088] Mon, 01 June 2015 16:39 Go to previous message
Istvan Rath is currently offline Istvan RathFriend
Sure, I would be thankful if you could open a bugzilla for it.
Previous Topic:Custom path for validation project
Next Topic:How to prevent traversal of objects (part 2)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:00:24 GMT 2024