Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Validation problems: "Invalid Type: viewpoint::DragAndDropTarget"(Unable to locate the cause of a series of validation problems "Invalid Type: viewpoint::DragAndDropTarget")
Validation problems: "Invalid Type: viewpoint::DragAndDropTarget" [message #1696338] Mon, 25 May 2015 20:58 Go to next message
Ryan Schimpel is currently offline Ryan SchimpelFriend
Hi there!
I'm relatively new to Sirius; in fact, I was just introduced to it for the first time two or three weeks ago. While I have gotten a pretty good grasp of how to use Sirius , I've been running into a serious issue where I'm getting a bunch of errors during validation. To be specific, when I attempt to validate my .odesign model (or in some cases, when I try to create a new diagram representation), I get a number of errors saying:

"Invalid Type: viewpoint::DragAndDropTarget"

The issue is that it sometimes causes the generated diagram representation to appear incorrectly; I say sometimes because there have been some cases when the outcome is correct. When it doesn't work, I literally have to restart Eclipse in order to try to fix it; nothing else seems to have any effect. That being said, having to do so every couple of minutes quickly becomes frustrating and hurts my productivity.

Initially, I thought I had made some mistake and that I had forgotten to add the appropriate Sirius metamodel(s) to the diagram element in the VSM; this is required to in order to get some types to resolve properly. However, I tried removing all metamodels (i.e. removing all restrictions) and it still ended up happening.

I've tried a variety of other things and none of them seem to be working.

Do you know what I'm doing wrong here? Or is this a bug in Sirius?

Thanks in advance for your help! Smile
Re: Validation problems: "Invalid Type: viewpoint::DragAndDropTarget" [message #1696471 is a reply to message #1696338] Tue, 26 May 2015 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esteban Dugueperoux is currently offline Esteban DugueperouxFriend
Hi Ryan,

Which release of Sirius do you use? I see in your odesign you reference
only your business metamodel. If you have "viewpoint::DragAndDropTarget"
expression in your odesign, you should also reference Sirius metamodel,
"http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/1.1.0",
"http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/diagram/1.1.0" or others according to
what you reference.
In addition DragAndDropTarget EClass comes from diagram Sirius metamodel
and not viewpoint then you should use "diagram::DragAndDropTarget"
expression.

Best Regards.

Le 26/05/2015 15:59, Ryan Schimpel a écrit :
> Hi there!
> I'm relatively new to Sirius; in fact, I was just introduced to it for the first time two or three weeks ago. While I have gotten a pretty good grasp of how to use Sirius , I've been running into a serious issue where I'm getting a bunch of errors during validation. To be specific, when I attempt to validate my .odesign model (or in some cases, when I try to create a new diagram representation), I get a number of errors saying:
>
> "Invalid Type: viewpoint::DragAndDropTarget"
>
> The issue is that it sometimes causes the generated diagram representation to appear incorrectly; I say sometimes because there have been some cases when the outcome is correct. When it doesn't work, I literally have to restart Eclipse in order to try to fix it; nothing else seems to have any effect. That being said, having to do so every couple of minutes quickly becomes frustrating and hurts my productivity.
>
> Initially, I thought I had made some mistake and that I had forgotten to add the appropriate Sirius metamodel(s) to the diagram element in the VSM; this is required to in order to get some types to resolve properly. However, I tried removing all metamodels (i.e. removing all restrictions) and it still ended up happening.
>
> I've tried a variety of other things and none of them seem to be working.
>
> Do you know what I'm doing wrong here? Or is this a bug in Sirius?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help! :)
>

--
Esteban Dugueperoux - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Validation problems: "Invalid Type: viewpoint::DragAndDropTarget" [message #1696500 is a reply to message #1696471] Tue, 26 May 2015 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Esteban,
thank you for taking the time to respond.

For clarity's sake, I'm using the latest release version of Sirius (2.0.0) with Eclipse Luna on Ubuntu; I just attempted to update the Sirius plugins but I was already up-to-date (Plugin version 2.0.0.201410241344.) As a result, I don't think the problem has anything to do with an old version of Sirius.

While I was pretty sure that I had tried including all those Sirius metamodels before, I just tried adding them again and to no avail; I still get the Invalid Type problem. In fact, I also tried removing ALL the metamodels from the diagram element (thus removing all the type restrictions) and the validator still comes up not being able to resolve viewpoint::DragAndDropTarget. Very strange...

Do you have any other idea as to what could be causing the problem?
Re: Validation problems: "Invalid Type: viewpoint::DragAndDropTarget" [message #1696562 is a reply to message #1696500] Wed, 27 May 2015 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ryan,

Have you tried "diagram::DragAndDropTarget" expression instead of
"viewpoint::DragAndDropTarget" ?

Best Regards.

Le 26/05/2015 20:48, Ryan Schimpel a écrit :
> Hi Esteban,
> thank you for taking the time to respond.
>
> For clarity's sake, I'm using the latest release version of Sirius
> (2.0.0) with Eclipse Luna on Ubuntu; I just attempted to update the
> Sirius plugins but I was already up-to-date (Plugin version
> 2.0.0.201410241344.) As a result, I don't think the problem has
> anything to do with an old version of Sirius.
>
> While I was pretty sure that I had tried including all those Sirius
> metamodels before, I just tried adding them again and to no avail; I
> still get the Invalid Type problem. In fact, I also tried removing ALL
> the metamodels from the diagram element (thus removing all the type
> restrictions) and the validator still comes up not being able to resolve
> viewpoint::DragAndDropTarget. Very strange...
>
> Do you have any other idea as to what could be causing the problem?

--

Re: Validation problems: "Invalid Type: viewpoint::DragAndDropTarget" [message #1696629 is a reply to message #1696562] Wed, 27 May 2015 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Esteban,
while that isn't a bad idea, the issue is that I never actually refer to the type DragAndDropTarget in any of my expressions; I simply haven't needed to use such a type in order to accomplish what are fairly standard operations. If I had explicitly used it somewhere, then I could potentially understand the errors that I'm getting but I never do; that is what makes it so mysterious...

Upon careful inspection, it appears that the validator is complaining at the precondition expressions in the node / edge diagram elements; once I remove the expressions, the error goes away. I have no idea why something like "[self.oclIsKindOf(GroupNode) = false/]" is causing the Validator to throw errors about DragAndDropTarget; the expressions are valid and behave as expected. "self" in this context refers to the element of the given type being tested and is required to prevent multiple nodes in the diagram from being created for one particular semantic element; essentially, I'm dealing with a large type hierarchy where I only want the most specific node possible being created for each semantic element.

Any idea why the validator dislikes these expressions? Am I doing something wrong?
Re: Validation problems: "Invalid Type: viewpoint::DragAndDropTarget&qu [message #1696636 is a reply to message #1696629] Wed, 27 May 2015 15:04 Go to previous message
Hi Ryan,

There are known issues about validation with Acceleo 3 expressions, some
improvements will be done with Sirius 3.0. Could you provide a minimal
example to be able to reproduce or even test with an integration build
of Sirius 3.0? You can find milestones release of Sirius 3.0 at
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Sirius/Update_Sites .

Best Regards.

Le 27/05/2015 16:39, Ryan Schimpel a écrit :
> Hi Esteban,
> while that isn't a bad idea, the issue is that I
> never actually refer to the type DragAndDropTarget in any of my
> expressions; I simply haven't needed to use such a type in order to
> accomplish what are fairly standard operations. If I had explicitly
> used it somewhere, then I could potentially understand the errors that
> I'm getting but I never do; that is what makes it so mysterious...
>
> Upon careful inspection, it appears that the validator is complaining at
> the precondition expressions in the node / edge diagram elements; once I
> remove the expressions, the error goes away. I have no idea why
> something like "[self.oclIsKindOf(GroupNode) = false/]" is causing the
> Validator to throw errors about DragAndDropTarget; the expressions are
> valid and behave as expected. "self" in this context refers to the
> element of the given type being tested and is required to prevent
> multiple nodes in the diagram from being created for one particular
> semantic element; essentially, I'm dealing with a large type hierarchy
> where I only want the most specific node possible being created for each
> semantic element.
>
> Any idea why the validator dislikes these expressions? Am I doing
> something wrong?

--

Previous Topic:Looking for a simple example containing Drop attributes action
Next Topic:Make an ecore model to represent different types of relationship?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:56:02 GMT 2024